Beginners and Beyond

Camp Pendleton World Famous Mud Run - sort of a RR with pics (Read 98 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi.

Today DW, some friends and I "ran" in the the Camp Pendleton World Famous Mud Run. It was a 10k and it was a lot of fun.

I think the pictures tell the RR.

This is us getting ready before the race. Note my nice, clean white shirt.

This is after the race, as if you couldn't figure that out. I was busy making jokes with those guys behind me. They were running later and were busy laughing at me.

DW and me.

Our team of five. We were spread out a bit over the course, but one rule was that teams had to finish together, arms interlocked.

We also got a very cool tech shirt and the finisher's medal was a "dog tag."

If you ever have the chance to do a mud run, you should do it. They are FUN!!  This one was particularly great because it is run by and supports the Marines. They were at every obstacle making sure people were safe and helped those who needed it. At one obstacle, we had to wade through muck that was two foot deep and climb over a six foot wall. There were Marines down on one knee in the mud and muck giving a boost to those who needed it. Someone asked a Marine, who was covered head to toe with the filth, "Aren't you tired of this?" His reply was, "No ma'am, I've been in worse situations."  Marines, and all those who serve,  are the coolest.

Sloooow.

Well, it definitely lived up to it's name! Good Lord, I hope you had a nice hot bath afterwards.

Looks like you all had a blast, and will be finding dirt in weird places for a while.

Those pics were very cool. I especially liked the Marine's comment.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Bin Running

Cool race and everyone had fun and showed it on the photos..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Thanks for the photos. They brought to mind a day in Basic Training when we were just getting back from a day doing low crawl in mud and icy water. A bus of new recruits pulled up just as we were marching back to the barracks. You should have seen their faces when they saw us! I can see how it could be a lot of fun.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Trail Monster

Looks like a blast! And Marines are the best! Smile

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

That would be a lot of fun.  I love the Marine's response too.  I've done Warrior Dash twice, and had a lot of fun, but can't see myself paying that much for Warrior Dash again.  Now, a mud run at Camp Pendleton, I could justify that.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Docket_Rocket

Sounds like a lot of fun.  Chiqui74 and I did one two years ago and the pictures are similar.  Except we got more muddy so next time, work harder at that, haha.

It's nice when you can do it with friends and family, like you did.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Great pics and love the Marine's comment.  I think my wife *almost* has me talked into doing a mud run. lol

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

SheCan

Oh my these pictures are priceless!   Great job to you, your DW and the whole team!  Love the transformation.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Oh what memories this brought up.... Although I agree that Marines are great, Seabees are better! Wink I went thru Advanced Infantry Training at Camp Pendleton in spring of 66 with MCB-9 between tours in 'Nam. The hills were killers, marched all over the place, Can't imagine running a 10k in the mud on those hills! Well Done!

bob e v
                        2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

GinnyinPA

Looks like a fun event.  Thanks for sharing.  And I agree, Marines are great. (I married one.)

tracilynn

Looks like a great time!  Enjoyed the pics.

~~~~~~~

Traci

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

That looks miserable.  I hate being dirty.  I'm glad you had fun though.  And sharing the race with your wife and the Marines is very cool.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well done, Jack!  Even in mud, you and and the DW look good!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt