Beginners and Beyond

Dog days of Saturdailies (Read 37 times)

delicate flower

Hello.  It is 7:00 and so it is high time we get Saturday moving already so wake up!  lolol  As for me, since I have been ordered to keep the running mileage low this week, I'll do a lousy stupid three mile jog, then bike for 50 miles.  First up though is a trip to Trader Joe's to restock the food cabinets.  I swam two miles between Thursday and Friday.  That is a lot for me, and my upper body is feeling it.

DW is out on a 120 mile bike ride right now lmao.

Dinner and movie date with the Oskis tonight.  HOORAY!

Speak up.

<3

delicate flower

Geez, no replies yet.  Where is everyone?

<3

Little Blue

I'm up, I'm up!  No running today.  A friend whom I haven't seen in a while is on her way over.  We are taking our 2-person kayak to a nearby lake and playing for at least part of the day.  Gonna be fun!

LRB

Geez, no replies yet. 

lol

Cyberic

Yo,

Gonna be running something close to 10 later this morning.

I'm on VACATION for 3 weeks! No Europe or USA trip this summer. Gonna go camping up north for 3 nights, then come back to Montreal for about a week and later on go for 7 days in a rented cabin next to a lake. So nothing big planned, but a vacation is by definition enjoyable.

LRB

I am heading out for a run, the exact type to be determined on the fly.

See ya!

happylily

Phil, I noticed in some of your recent pics that the swimming is changing your upper body. Your arms are getting bigger!

LB, what a great day for you! I'd gladly trade my LR for kayaking with a friend... Enjoy!

Cy, your vacation might not be action packed, but it will be a relaxing one, and that's important. Three weeks in a row is just perfect. Long enough to really disconnect from everything. Which lake are you going to? If you ever want to go to the beach, give me a shout. I'll send you the link to my website. It will be my gift to you for putting up with my lack of French accents whenever I write you in French. Big grin

Rick, don't be gone too long! We need our master of ceremonies here. :-) And you asked about my hair yesterday. Same hair as usual. You're just used to seeing me with it tied up because of the running pictures. Same color too, but when tied up it looks darker. At work, I often wear it down. I call it my "bed hair" style. Also known as "FFS, I give up". My hair is impossible to style and I always look like a witch, no matter what.

I have a LR. I'm going in about hmmm..... 10 minutes? Wish me luck.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

From the Internet.

2.5 hours in the pool for me. I went to a different lane today so it wasn't quite as boring as usual!

LRB

I have a LR. I'm going in about hmmm..... 10 minutes? Wish me luck.

You poor beautiful thing.

You nailed it on the hair, I did not think about that. It looks great!

LRB

2.5 hours in the pool for me. I went to a different lane today so it wasn't quite as boring as usual!

Geezus! My gawd that's a lot! When the resistance of the water is removed, you might run a sub-6:00 mile!

Docket_Rocket

Morning. Ran 6.08 early this morning. Now at the airport on our way to San Francisco.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Forgot DD's practice was at 8:30 until pretty late.

Made it there at about 8:35, not too bad.

So I was a little short in time for an 'easy' 10 (less than my usual 90 minutes) but got it done.

MTA: 56 miles for the week. Highest since butt injury.

Cyberic

Cy, your vacation might not be action packed, but it will be a relaxing one, and that's important. Three weeks in a row is just perfect. Long enough to really disconnect from everything. Which lake are you going to? If you ever want to go to the beach, give me a shout. I'll send you the link to my website. It will be my gift to you...

If you want to send me pics of you in a bikini at the beach, no need to wait until I want to go to the beach myself 

I don't have the name of the lake at hand (girlfriend made the reservation) but it's near Mont Tremblant.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hit the gym this morning first, for back day.

Cable Chest Pulls: 5 sets / 15 reps / 50 lbs
                              Wide Grip Lat Pull Down: 70lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps, 70lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps, 70lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps
                              Underarm Grip Seated Row: 5 sets / 12 reps / 70 lbs
                              Torso Rotation: 75lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps, 75lbsX12, 80lbsX8reps, 75lbsX12reps
                              Machine Lat Pull Down: 4 sets / 10 reps / 110 lbs
                              Seated Cable Row: 70lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps, 70lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps, 70lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps

Then went for a 3.1 mile run around a little bit of the older parts of Newburgh, that place is very, very hilly damn it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

cjones1

As good as yesterday's run was, today was 12 miles of pure suck. But it's done, and coffee.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)