Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies - Go racers, go! (Read 38 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!  And, I hope all the racers are kicking it in the teeth this morning.

I rode 64 miles of awesomeness this morning.  Not that I was awesome, but the ride sure qualified.  I went to BFE in a different direction, and covered some roads I had never biked.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That is an awesome ride!

I have 7 and weights.

Damaris

LRB

I have a bad case of the blahs this morning. I want to run, but I don't want to run. Maybe I should just run.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

I have a bad case of the blahs this morning. I want to run, but I don't want to run. Maybe I should just run.

Worst case- it sucked but you got it done.

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

Ran 12ish in slightly altered Boston Boost 5s

delicate flower

'Morning!  I was out the door early for a very short bike ride (11 miles) just to loosen up the legs, then devoured a huge pile of pancakes with DW.

One problem with these long triathlons is that they really require a two day commitment, since you've got to go the day before for packet pick up, bike drop off, and mandatory athlete meeting.  Factoring in drive time, that's 4-5 hours of my day.  Shorter triathlons are all a one day thing.  First world problems, I suppose.  But yeah, I've got to do that today.

<3

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

PR - Nice ride.

DR - Indoors, I presume?

LRB - I agree with PR on this one.

Eric - They don't make them wide enough for you?

Baboon - The price to pay, I suppose, but I can see where it's annoying.

I ran five in some heavy, humid air.  Tomorrow should be nicer.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Fred, yeah.  It took 3 months to get us to move to the TM as this Summer has been mild but there is no turning back now until November. So, TM it is from now on.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

3 easy, but it was super humid, so I'm soaked.

onemile

I find it works best to not even think about it

RunningOnSand

Didn't Yoda say that? "Don't think, just do". Or am I making that up?  Big grin

I've got 9 in a bit.

This is why early morning works best for me. My brain isn't awake enough to stop me. And why it's tougher for me to get motivated to go out on weekends - I lounge around for a while before going out, so I have too much time to think about it.

Dave

Cyberic

Fred, that's exactly it. I bought the shoes on sale while Adidas were my favorite shoes, even though they were too narrow. And this winter my feet decided that they'd had enough with narrow shoes. So I'll have to scrap my winter boots, my hiking shoes. Most of my running shoes were kinda old, but not my Bostons.

So I made an experiment.  You can see in the pic.

Result: I can wear the shoes, but there are friction points where the fabric starts that rubs on my feet. So it is not a solution I will consider to buy narrow shoes an cut them out like this.

I might cut them a lot more and try to make running sandals out of them. But for now, at least I can wear them and I'll be able to get a decent amount of miles out of them.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I picked up my stuff yesterday for tomorrow's race. This is a new one in the swag bag--a $500 off a new car at a local dealership, good through 6/9.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Fred, that's exactly it. I bought the shoes on sale while Adidas were my favorite shoes, even though they were too narrow. And this winter my feet decided that they'd had enough with narrow shoes. So I'll have to scrap my winter boots, my hiking shoes.

My boss's son ran all through college, but two years later, with no running, and his feet have shrunk to a smaller shoe size.  I wonder whether this could happen to all of us, or if there's a point of no return.  I know I've moved up two full sizes in the past five years since I started running.

I picked up my stuff yesterday for tomorrow's race. This is a new one in the swag bag--a $500 off a new car at a local dealership, good through 6/9.

That is new.  I wonder whether it's even worth the paper it's printed on.  I mean, say you go in and negotiate a price of $30,000 on a car after much haggling.  If you then wrote them a check for $29,500 and gave them the coupon, what are the odds they'd accept?

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                                10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28