Beginners and Beyond

Soggy SaturDAILIES (Read 28 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good mroning!

I rode 50 miles in warm and humid conditions.  It was my first ride with my new powermeter crankset, and I pushed way hard just to watch that number grow on my Garmin.  It might be as hard on me as live Strava segments.  My legs are toasted, and I'll be lucky to get the yard mowed Smile.  I need to get after it, before the rain gets here.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Just woke up.   I guess I didn't sleep much this week with work.  I have 6 with strides.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

I ran 5.  Long run on Sunday this week because I am running a triathlon relay thing (I'll be starting around noon so it should be nice and hot)

6mi on slight incline/decline, alternating 1mi modest left road crown then 1 mi right, all elevated from my as slow as I can go pace.
          Truly the best run I’ve had since late March, but I’m even slower than I was in March
          That was my fourth day in a row of bits of running, now likely off till Tuesday as Tuesday’s morning temps look okay for this time of year and I’m off work.

triathlon 

Good luck Baboon!

Dave

RunningOnSand

I ran 5.  Long run on Sunday this week because I am running a triathlon relay thing (I'll be starting around noon so it should be nice and hot)

Toasty! Have fun!!!

I did not run today, b/c one of the bugs that my children had last week made its way to me. Sad Hoping it's just a 24-hr bug.

Cyberic

I ran a triathlon relay last year with coworkers and loved it. Of course, stepping on the podium for the first time in my life helped Smile

Good luck!

onemile

I ran a triathlon relay last year with coworkers and loved it. Of course, stepping on the podium for the first time in my life helped Smile

Good luck!

Looking at last year's results, my team has no chance of that.  This one is a half iron so the run's 13.1.

sdWhiskers

Ran 7 with 6 at MPish. Cool and overcast so I was locked in and cruising.  Let's hope I still have enough to get through 14 tomorrow.

sdWhiskers

6 miles that felt harder than 6 miles should feel. I guess I am out of shape. At least the hamstring has been holding up so far. Knock wood.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.7 miles and strength training.

ROS, hope you feel better.

Onemile, a half starting at noon sounds awful. But, it's race miles.

+1. Lol

Seriously Baboon is doing a tri today.

Dave

From the Internet.

I slept in until like 11 for the first time in WEEKS so that was great!

I'll run a few miles later - was supposed to run 55-60 this week but I'll be well over that if I run more than 2 today, oops. Nice to have no pressure on the distance for today, though, a hot 4 PM run is my least favorite thing.

15 mile LR yesterday where the sun came out and melted me right at the halfway point  and tomorrow I'm using my usual long run group for a 30 minute time trial in place of a normal workout (for a dumb internet thing) - will warm up a bit beforehand and then try to latch onto a faster pack for the TT, drop back for the remaining miles, should wind up around 10 miles total for the day.

LRB

That's awesome. I would love to do that.

Good luck! Everyone is facing the same tough conditions, so go kick some booty.