Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES (Read 34 times)

LRB

Hi.

Today will be rest day number 3 for me. And in other insignificant news; two of my favorite Robin Williams movies are on all day today on the BBC; Hook and Jumanji. 

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I jogged 3 in the dark.  Other than feeling like I'm starting over, everything seems to be tolerable.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Hi.

Today will be rest day number 3 for me. And in other insignificant news; two of my favorite Robin Williams movies are on all day today on the BBC; Hook and Jumanji. 

Did you know that Jumanji is based on a children's picture book by Chris Van Allsburg who also wrote The Polar Express and Zarthura, both also made into movies.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

I love Zathura and it reminded a lot of Jumanji, no wonder.

I have Pilates in a few, weights, and maybe 7 miles (or my RD).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

I had a super awesome run yesterday in a new singlet:

I am 100% also wearing it to the early AM group tempo run tomorrow.

It's chilly and I'm off all week so I'll run 7 or so later on, when it warms up a bit. I passed 2016 miles on my Saturday long run. If i make it to the end of January without getting hurt (major knock on wood), this will be the first full, uninterrupted year of training for me! And if I make it to like April, it'll be the first year of *good* training, since I spent some time building back carefully from the calf thing last winter. Dang.

LRB

If i make it to the end of January without getting hurt (major knock on wood), this will be the first full, uninterrupted year of training for me!

In how many years of running?

LRB

I had a super awesome run yesterday in a new single:

That's funny!

From the Internet.

In how many years of running?

Mid-2012.. so like 4.5?

LRB

Mid-2012.. so like 4.5?

I started in May of 2011 and have only gone one stinking year without a major injury (2014). I will count 2016 as two despite my current setback, provided I am able to overcome it without a major loss in running time...

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Have the day off for me.  Matter of fact, my university is now closed down for the holidays, so I don't go back to work until January 3rd, nice.

Rest day from running after doing my Frosty 5K on Christmas Eve, and then on Sunday did 4 miles out at Lackland Air Force Base with some friends on Christmas Day.  Nice to have a 24-hour access pass to the gym so I can take a shower at the base gym and don't have to drive home in wet sweat after the run. .   Weather here is pretty nice - crazy, but nice - in San Antonio, we are in the upper 60s, low 70s.

Tomorrow, will be back to running again.  And with this weather and time off all week...so many choices of places to run, we have tons of parks here in San Antonio, with both paved trails and off-road trails. And I have plenty of time this week. 

I have two more races to do before the end of the year...and that will bring my total number of races done for 2016 to 75 races completed, breaking my record of 74 done in 2012.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hi.

I have not been around for a bit this week and last week, LRB.  Are you injured?   Enjoy your rest and your movies.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good morning!

I jogged 3 in the dark.  Other than feeling like I'm starting over, everything seems to be tolerable.

Have a great day folks!

I feel like I'm starting over every time my old body starts a run, lol.   Once I get warmed up a bit, I feel better.

Happy running, Pleasant Ridge

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I love Zathura and it reminded a lot of Jumanji, no wonder.

I have Pilates in a few, weights, and maybe 7 miles (or my RD).

Weights...thanks for reminding me, Damaris.  I need to get my weekly weight training session in this week.

Hope you and yours had a happy Christmas and your asthma is behaving.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I had a super awesome run yesterday in a new singlet:

I am 100% also wearing it to the early AM group tempo run tomorrow.

It's chilly and I'm off all week so I'll run 7 or so later on, when it warms up a bit. I passed 2016 miles on my Saturday long run. If i make it to the end of January without getting hurt (major knock on wood), this will be the first full, uninterrupted year of training for me! And if I make it to like April, it'll be the first year of *good* training, since I spent some time building back carefully from the calf thing last winter. Dang.

Wow, that is a lot of miles.  Is that in just this year?  That's about 5 times my annual mileage, lol.  Yeah, I've turned into a slow, old man, lol.  Congrats on your accomplishment!

No more marathons

I have two more races to do before the end of the year...and that will bring my total number of races done for 2016 to 75 races completed, breaking my record of 74 done in 2012.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!