Beginners and Beyond

Winter Running Contest Week 2.5 (Read 236 times)

Wandering Wally

If you are in the Winter Running Contest and don't go to RWOL anymore, here's the link to this past week's results:

http://bit.ly/SBOiZI

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

BruceD555

Smack dab in the middle of the pack for me after logging a zero point run yesterday. Though I  will never complain about running in shorts & a t-shirt in nearly 60 degree weather in December. Here's hoping for a full winter of zero point runs.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Smack dab in the middle of the pack for me after logging a zero point run yesterday. Though I  will never complain about running in shorts & a t-shirt in nearly 60 degree weather in December. Here's hoping for a full winter of zero point runs.

I have run 12 runs....and scored a huge 5 points. I ran 16 miles yesterday in 30 MPH winds and scored ZERO.

pretty depressing.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

runmomto3boys

Thanks for putting all of this together, guys!!!  It is WARM here in WI as of late.

Stop N Go

Global Warming is killing this contest!!!

I'm enjoying the nice weather and hope it keeps up for quite a while.

5k PR Oct 2012 - 23:20

5k Goal 2013 - 21:5x

StepbyStep-SH

How can you run outside in Wisconsin in December and not score points? When it is 53* and foggy. Should have worn short sleeves today - I almost pulled my shirt off, but there were too many people out walking to feel comfortable in just a sports bra. Crazy weather.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Wandering Wally

Crazy indeed.  Currently 56*F in my back yard.  I'm contemplating a few miles tonight just to enjoy the warm air.

Run!  Just Run!

tundrasusie

Global warming??? Its currently -39 here. I would kill for some of that warming right now Smile

BruceD555

How can you run outside in Wisconsin in December and not score points? When it is 53* and foggy. Should have worn short sleeves today - I almost pulled my shirt off, but there were too many people out walking to feel comfortable in just a sports bra. Crazy weather.

I'm in Wisconsin as well and it is crazy weather indeed! I had hoped to be in the top half of hypothermia but sure can't keep up with Heidi's time multiplier from her killer miles (since she's going to have about the same temps). The bright side was that yesterday afternoon was so nice I just couldn't help but run faster than plan. Shorts & a t-shirt just feels fast after long sleeves and pants.

Train smart ... race smarter.

mucknort

The 50 degree highs have now reached us in New England, too.

From the Internet.

The 50 degree highs have now reached us in New England, too.

Good old New England, land of consistent weather.. I got 19 points for my run on Saturday and 0 for my run yesterday.

Wandering Wally

Just logged a big fat 0 for tonight. It was 57 when I went out.

Run!  Just Run!

runmomto3boys

I'm in Wisconsin as well and it is crazy weather indeed! I had hoped to be in the top half of hypothermia but sure can't keep up with Heidi's time multiplier from her killer miles (since she's going to have about the same temps). The bright side was that yesterday afternoon was so nice I just couldn't help but run faster than plan. Shorts & a t-shirt just feels fast after long sleeves and pants.

I'm with you guys!  I got ZERO points for my 20 miler yesterday b/c it was so freaking warm!

B-Plus

Thanks for posting this here. This contest has given us another reason to complain about the weather. Too hot in summer, too cold in winter, and now the weather is not extreme enough for the Winter Running Contest.

Camp Muir

Global warming??? Its currently -39 here. I would kill for some of that warming right now Smile

What's going on actually is that normally the ice cap holds the cold in place.  Now, since the dramatic melting of the cap in the last few years we don't get the same firm grip on the jet stream as we did before.  Thus some areas are dramatically warmer and others are dramatically cooler.  All signatures of major climate change. 

I mean say what you will but anyway you slice it the climate of our planet has changed dramatically.

Arctic Sea Ice Extent