Beginners and Beyond

ThursDailies are here! (Read 36 times)

oldfartrunner

Morning Runners,

Thinking 8 later...Saw you got snow on the TV weather.LRB.

Cyberic

Commuted in the coldest day of the season, yet. 0* F + 20-30 MPH winds, so pretty cold with the wind chill. But I have all the necessary winter running gear. Was good.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 7 with 2 @ MP tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Totally unexpected 2 hour delay for barely a dusting of snow, so I did a short jog on the treadmill before work.

bluerun

Super B****

Well, I just wasted half an hour of my life on the phone with Orbitz customer support.  My question remains unanswered.

15 trainer miles, AlterG 5K.  My ankle is starting to really piss me off.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Saw you got snow on the TV weather.LRB.

Yeah, my days of running outside during the week are on hold for a bit. I have a park I could run at but that would be too much of a hassle trying to get there before work. As such, I ran at a little dinky gym not far from home this morning. Apparently, they don't have cable service or local TV, so you need to bring a DVD to watch TV. I didn't have a DVD because I didn't know that. Blah.

Anyway, afterwards, I had to pee really bad, but someone was in the bathroom so I drove home. I got there, turned on the water in the shower, heard it, then promptly jumped in and did the business.

Next time, I should probably do the business in the toilet before I turn the water on.  "I don't wanna grow up 'cause baby if I did, I wouldn't be a Toys R Us kid"

delicate flower

Buenos aries, muy navidads!  2200 yard swim before work.  Another solo masters workout.  Is it still a group workout if nobody else shows?  The coach was there but was completely disengaged and just sat in the lifeguard chair staring at his phone, but that's fine by me.  Heh.  Run later.

In other news, we've officially turned the corner and sunset has started getting later again.

<3

oldfartrunner

Yeah, my days of running outside during the week are on hold for a bit. I have a park I could run at but that would be too much of a hassle trying to get there before work. As such, I ran at a little dinky gym not far from home this morning. Apparently, they don't have cable service or local TV, so you need to bring a DVD to watch TV. I didn't have a DVD because I didn't know that. Blah.

Anyway, afterwards, I had to pee really bad, but someone was in the bathroom so I drove home. I got there, turned on the water in the shower, heard it, then promptly jumped in and did the business.

Next time, I should probably do the business in the toilet before I turn the water on.  "I don't wanna grow up 'cause baby if I did, I wouldn't be a Toys R Us kid"

I always pee in the shower.  I mean, that water just makes me have to pee, even if I just peed. Plus, why waste a flush?  Now #2 is a different story.  I'm not old enough yet where I'll have to jump into the shower to wash the poo off because I crapped myself....Not yet.

CY: That is like tropical for you. No?

oldfartrunner

Buenos aries, muy navidads!  2200 yard swim before work.  Another solo masters workout.  Is it still a group workout if nobody else shows?  The coach was there but was completely disengaged and just sat in the lifeguard chair staring at his phone, but that's fine by me.  Heh.  Run later.

In other news, we've officially turned the corner and sunset has started getting later again.

Damn coaches. ... How can that be seeing we are not yet Winter solstice???

Edit: Never mind. I went to the sunrise sunset website, and I see evening is getting longer-since the 10th here, but morning times (for us) won't make the turn until Jan 10th, even though we gained 1+ min. of light in the evening.

https://www.timeanddate.com/

Cyberic

I wouldn't say tropical, no, but definitely not the coldest we're going to get. Where I was born and raised, roughly 300 miles north of Montreal, we would get a couple of days per winter at -40* on the thermometer. In Montreal, it doesn't get that cold. Minus 20* (Farenheit) is pretty much as cold as it gets, not counting the wind chill.

zzyzx

Lat, long pull, leg sled and then it was stair day. Oh stair day how I love thee so...  Under 41 minutes today (40:58) to do the 120 flights + random hallways so I'll take it for sure!

Back still sore, but thought I'd try a run today. Got to the gym & decided maybe best to go for the treadmill in case a quick abort was needed. Started just walking for a few minutes, which was OK, then cranked up the speed. Nope. Pain with each step. Goddammit. Went on the stationary bike for a little bit, which felt OK, but that thing is awful. Still I might use that, because I need to be doing something. Maybe will try the elliptical tomorrow. I haven't been on one of those things in forever.

Dave

Dave

LRB

I just got my third crown in two weeks. I'll be eating grilled cheese sandwiches for the foreseeable future. lol #chaching!

LRB

I'm so hungry too. Don't wanna bite a hole in my jaw though so I have about another hour to go.