Beginners and Beyond

Sluggish Sunday (Read 31 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Hello! Anyone out there? 8 miles, actually not too bad considering it was cooler, less humid & cloudy.

Docket_Rocket

Yeah, I was wondering where everybody was.

I have nothing. Maybe a bike ride (indoors) but I am otherwise not in the mood to do shit, but running, and since I can't run, then, I'm meh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I don't know about everyone else, but I've been watching the World Championships. Both men's and women's marathons were today. Then I did run before the afternoon session begins. 8 miles for me.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Didn't look at my weekly total before going out this morning. I need to run for another minute to hit 30 for the week. Or not.

delicate flower

'Morning!  I raced a triathlon today.

1200 yard swim  - Could have been better.  Back to swim lessons in the off-season.  My swimming progress has stalled.

30.28 mile bike - Strong (19.8 mph).  I was a little worried that I biked too hard.  My watts and heart rate were both high.

7.2 mile run - I hammered it.  7:09 avg pace.  If I feel that good in my next 70.3, my PR is going down significantly.

The race took me 2:48.  AG 1/8 and OA 11/72.  My first triathlon AG win.  SCORE.  Won a pint glass.  2nd in my AG was eight minutes behind me.  Heh.

<3

LRB

I don't know about everyone else, but I've been watching the World Championships. Both men's and women's marathons were today. Then I did run before the afternoon session begins. 8 miles for me.

I was meaning to watch it but never got around to finding it. I did see the replay of Justin's win over Usain though. I heard my girl Amy placed third in the marathon too.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Baboon, congrats on the AG win! Like the steps used to make the podium.

No more marathons

Baboon, congrats on the AG win! Like the steps used to make the podium.

+1

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

Congrats, Phil!

I rode on the trainer for 30 mins and then ran closed to 0.10 around the house without major pain. Not pain free but a bit better than last week.  Unfortunately, I put my husband's bike on the trainer by accident (they are identical except for the length) but it wasn't too bad.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

'Morning!  I raced a triathlon today.

1200 yard swim  - Could have been better.  Back to swim lessons in the off-season.  My swimming progress has stalled.

30.28 mile bike - Strong (19.8 mph).  I was a little worried that I biked too hard.  My watts and heart rate were both high.

7.2 mile run - I hammered it.  7:09 avg pace.  If I feel that good in my next 70.3, my PR is going down significantly.

The race took me 2:48.  AG 1/8 and OA 11/72.  My first triathlon AG win.  SCORE.  Won a pint glass.  2nd in my AG was eight minutes behind me.  Heh.

Nice job, Boon. Your photo makes it look like fun. I know better!

Regarding your swim; you already swim more than fish do, how the hell can it get better? Is it possible the conditions played a role, or maybe you just had a bad day? Also, running up those two mountains had to suck!

bluerun

Super B****

Think I ended up with 6.25 ... including a mile race.  Which rounded up to 6:00.00. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Think I ended up with 6.25 ... including a mile race.  Which rounded up to 6:00.00. 

FINALLY.

Is the FAM on a Sunday this year?

I ran a 20:00.00 5k once.

bluerun

Super B****

FINALLY.

Is the FAM on a Sunday this year?

I ran a 20:00.00 5k once.

I can't decide whether I'm annoyed or not!

IT IS.  And there's the Brooklyn Mile in two weeks.

Or maybe it was 19:59.01 ...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

GinnyinPA

Phil - congratulations on the AG win. As much as you swim, I don't know what you need to do to improve. Find a new swim couch maybe?

We had a cool gray non-humid day. I ran 8 through town this afternoon and it felt good.

onemile

Congrats Bluerun and Baboon!

I ran 18