Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES (Read 30 times)

LRB

Howdy.

I have a short run on tap but I am in no rush to do it, especially given it is currently 21 degrees.

Movie later then something yummy. You?

Also a short run and no rush, but putting mine off because Saturday and lazy.

Also movie later - Logan! Psyched for this one.

Oh and speaking of yummy - we bought a bunch of blueberries but they were kind of tart. So DW made a blueberry coffee cake. It's amazing what a load of sugar will do! It's super-yummy, packed with berries.

Also also - today is the HM I have been thinking about for the past year, but now blowing it off because lol.

Dave

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 3.6 chilly miles.  Lazy won, and I'm OK with that.

Have a great day folks.

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

Ran 8 in probably the coldest "feels like" this winter. Sure, this winter has been mild, but still...

Actually, it was the wind. It's 1 degree, but with a wind of about 15 mph and gusts to 25 mph. When I was heading right into the wind, it was stinging my face.

LRB

Geezus!

I assume he means Celsius...?

Dave

LRB

That would be like negative one thousand fahrenheit. lol

Cyberic

I meant Farenheits (can't spell that). -17 celcius.

MTA: 1 Celcius would have meant above freezing point. Metric is so simple: water boils at 100 C and freezes at 0 C. They made the scale around those two facts.

MTA2: And I meant 1 degree F on the thermometer. The feels like is very much into the negative degrees F.

Cyberic

I posted pics a while ago in which I was running with a group and there was a guy in shorts. Well he's out there today, in shorts, running a 22 miler. The guy is 57. He's acting like a 15 yo IMO.  He will post a pic of himself after his run, in shorts, on his FB page, and comments will be pouring, lol.

workinprogress11

Geezus!

+1

I ran 4 at the gym today because I couldn't handle 25 wind chill. Slacker.

LRB

+1

I ran 4 at the gym today because I couldn't handle 25 wind chill. Slacker.

The wind these days is no fucking joke. It's weird that I can't imagine running in what Eric did and I actually have done it before!

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon. I was at my boss' mom funeral.  RD for me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

More miles than degrees. 18.1 miles, it was 13 degrees when I started, with some sort of stupid windchill that I choose not to acknowledge. The wind was really only truly terrible on the bridge going over the river, but maybe I was experiencing some Stockholm syndrome. Kept the effort fairly easy and got in 9 of my 18 with a fellow club member who runs about my pace - I had two good quality runs midweek so no need to push it when it's that stupid cold out ffs.

Kid had a soccer game (indoors!! We're not that crazy up here!) at noon, we stopped by the store after that to pick up a few things and I found some chocolate chip salted caramel cookies to refuel. YAS.

5 pre-Logan miles.

Dave

delicate flower

Hello what's up yeah great!  Speaking of Wolverine, X-Men Apocalypse premiers on HBO tonight.  I haven't seen it, so I've got that to look forward to tonight.

Been a busy day doin' shit.  Today's workouts were a 60 minute spin session and a 2500 yard swim.

<3