Beginners and Beyond

ING Miami Marathon RR (Read 129 times)

Docket_Rocket

Thanks, guys.  I really appreciate it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Are those maniac stars a physical thing that you get?  I'd want something tangible if I was putting in all the work and racing that you do.  Another great demonstration of tenacity on your part.  Congrats for that.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

I forgot to say that while I was  leaving the finish line area, I saw a guy walking with a friend towards me and I thought, hmmm, he looks like Ludacris.  Is that Ludacris?  We're in Miami so it's not hard that fathom it.  Then, he opened his mouth to speak to his friend and I was yes, it's Ludacris!  I got so excited for no reason whatsoever. :-D

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I forgot to say that while I was  leaving the finish line area, I saw a guy walking with a friend towards me and I thought, hmmm, he looks like Ludacris.  Is that Ludacris?  We're in Miami so it's not hard that fathom it.  Then, he opened his mouth to speak to his friend and I was yes, it's Ludacris!  I got so excited for no reason whatsoever. :-D

Wait, meaning you heard his voice and knew it was him, or he opened his mouth and had his grill in so you knew it was him?  I don't blame you for the excitement.  My mother is convinced that she and 'Snoop are airport buddies because they were in a terminal together.  Clearly we are prone to have an irrational affinity for rappers.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

There are plenty of super famous people here, yet I never get to see them.  I once saw Vivica Fox but she didn't engender the same excitement as Luda.

Wait, meaning you heard his voice and knew it was him, or he opened his mouth and had his grill in so you knew it was him?  I don't blame you for the excitement.  My mother is convinced that she and 'Snoop are airport buddies because they were in a terminal together.  Clearly we are prone to have an irrational affinity for rappers.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Wandering Wally

Nice job gutting out a finish.  Literally.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

happylily

There are plenty of super famous people here, yet I never get to see them.  I once saw Vivica Fox but she didn't engender the same excitement as Luda.

Who the heck are Ludacris and Vivica? And whatever happened to good traditional names, like Emile and Beatrice? Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Trail Monster

I'm constantly amazed by what you can do when you're handed such crappy luck sometimes! And I'm also super jealous that you'll have two stars soon. I may have to see what I can arrange next year to get out of basic maniac status!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Luke79

It's all been said, so good job D.  I think you're awesome.

Vegan Ang

Formerly sdnyc99

Congrats on #12!

Angela 

Docket_Rocket

Awww, thanks, guys. Blush

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Awww, thanks, guys. Blush

D- what did it take for you to get your first MM star?

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Nice job Damaris! I am so in awe that you have dealt with so much in terms of asthma and reflux during races and have still finished 12 marathons! You go girl, you rock!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

3 marathons in 79 days (requirement is 2 in 16 or 3 in 90).

D- what did it take for you to get your first MM star?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

SheCan

Awesome job, Damaris!  How you continued on like the despite feeling so sick to your stomach is beyond me.  You really are a trooper.  You've earned your "bad ass" title for sure.  Congratulations on another marathon!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson