Beginners and Beyond

ING Miami Marathon RR (Read 129 times)

Sweet.

How many had you done before you did the 3 in 79 days?

3 marathons in 79 days (requirement is 2 in 16 or 3 in 90).

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

Zero.  Those were my first three.

Sweet.

How many had you done before you did the 3 in 79 days?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Was that your initial plan when you started?

I think we are close to the same age, but I want to be you when I grow up.

Zero.  Those were my first three.

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

LOL.  I didn't have a plan.  I had signed up for my first and second, then the third, before I even heard of the Marathon Maniacs.  They fit the category so I took advantage.  Now what I am doing now is on purpose.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

SheCan

LOL, T-rod, I'm a gazillion times older than her, but I am at least the same gender.  So maybe I'll get to be her (not likely!)   Then again, I wouldn't mind growing up to be Lily or Beth either.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Docket_Rocket

I want to be lily if I can have her abs.  I love Beth's house so can I be her too?

LOL, T-rod, I'm a gazillion times older than her, but I am at least the same gender.  So maybe I'll get to be her (not likely!)   Then again, I wouldn't mind growing up to be Lily or Beth either.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

SheCan

Hehehe!  Sure!  But you gotta let me be you first! Joking

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

There are some real bad asses here.

Glad I got some laughs here. This is much better than that meltdown thread over Disney medals Smile

Tomas

Just B.S.

Awwww, so nice!!  I wouldn't mind growing up to be Lily either but I guess that ship has sailed since

I'm older than her.  Thanks for the nice words ladies.  I'll let you know when my house goes on the

market.Smile

Good job on toughing thru Damaris!!

Do you have pics of the house? I assume it's pretty awesome.

Awwww, so nice!!  I wouldn't mind growing up to be Lily either but I guess that ship has sailed since

I'm older than her.  Thanks for the nice words ladies.  I'll let you know when my house goes on the

market.Smile

Good job on toughing thru Damaris!!

Tomas

Just B.S.

Do you have pics of the house? I assume it's pretty awesome.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I want to grow up to be any of you, because you're all amazing! But that would mean running marathons. Marathons give medals. Medals cause 17 page meltdown threads. I think medals are evil?????

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

I want to grow up to be any of you, because you're all amazing! But that would mean running marathons. Marathons give medals. Medals cause 17 page meltdown threads. I think medals are evil?????

Lol. It switched to pot and sweets.

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

I love my medals, trinkets and all!

And Beth has posted many other pics of her house and it looks amazing.  I have no talent for decorating anything, so I'm jealous.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Hipfan

Proud Calgarian

Congratulations D, #12 is in the bag and you keep kicking butt! Cool

2015 Goals and PRs:

5k - 17:59 (18:05);  10k - 35:59 (36:42);   HM - 1:19:19 (1:19:59);   FM - 2:49:59 (3:05:46)