Beginners and Beyond

ING Miami Marathon RR (Read 129 times)

Anomalous

Oh boy. You really had a tough way to go, D. So sorry that the change in reflux meds was a factor, but glad that you were able to finish the race. Congratulations! I'm sure you got a smile from the heavens Smile

Half Fanatic  #3091  ~   Marathon debut: 11/16/13 Anthem Richmond Marathon

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi

waterskimmer

I'm glad you got the acid reflux figured out.  Good luck getting that star, you, star, you!

rmorrissey64

Congrats D. Must feel nice to have 2 marathon done already in 2013.

runwell3

Well done D!  I'm constantly amazed at the strength you show in overcoming obstacles that many people would give in to.  Your mental toughness more than compensates for your physical challenges...if I ever needed a lawyer, D, I'm sure you'd be among the best.

Good luck & good health in the coming year!

Docket_Rocket

Thanks, guys.

runwell3, reading your comment right now as I come back from a 10 miler while I'm wheezing and could not breathe well throughout, makes me happy I didn't quit tonight.  After all, my bad ass title would go to someone else if I dared.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page