Beginners and Beyond

Ads we will never see again (Read 141 times)

LRB

Hip Redux

The cigarette ones always get me!  Ugh.

My grandmother used to say that she treated my dad's toothing pain with with a cold beer.  I was never sure if he was drinking the beer or if she was.  lol

happylily

I puked, I burped, I grunted, I coughed. Thanks, LRB. Angry

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Jess runs for bacon

Oh some of these are classic Smile I love that the soda helps babies fit in Smile And it's not a Hoover, but I gave myself a dyson for Xmas and I looked as happy as that girl.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I think I read somewhere that the one with the baby and the cola (The Soda Pop Board of America) was a fake.

MTA: link

MTA again: the lard ad is a hoax, too

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

delicate flower

Good stuff.  Big grin  LOL @ "More doctors smoke CAMELS..."  That is awesome.

Edit:  And apparently real.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL.

Damaris

catwhoorg

Labrat

As was mentioned the Lard one was a spoof.

The comedy magazine viz had a whole series. Lard, beer, smoke fags (cigarettes in the Uk are offhandedly known as fags).

I'm going to guess late 80's early 90's as the date of it.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

LRB

My mom "Drank more Pepsi than the law allowed" while carrying me, which might explain why I hate the stuff (and couldn't break sub-19:00 this past summer).  Mountain Dew is my shiz though.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yeah, I remember those cigarette commercials when I was growing up.   The ones that seemed to stand out were the 'rather fight than switch' and the Virgina Slims "you've come a long way baby"

And those Benson and Hedges commercials about something happening to the cigarette because it was longer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEUHV20kH9g

In those days, even the Flintstones could smoke...   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAExoSozc2c

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

StepbyStep-SH

I definitely remember the Virginia Slims ads.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Virginia Slims Lights 100's was what my mom would send me into the store with a "note" to buy when I was.....ooohh about 7 or 8 years old.  (no joke!!!)  That and panty hose!  LOL AngryWink

I love the one about Blatz beer!!!   When I proposed to my wife back in '93, we were on a sleight ride on some snow plains in central Wisconsin & because I surprised everyone (including my now wife) the only thing they had to toast was.....BLATZ!!!  So we lifted a can & drank.  I'm pretty sure I have fewer taste buds because of it......LMAO!!! Wink

Randy

What bothers me most about this one is the grammatical error.

Dave

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I just died laughing. Thank you.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

Like to see someone try this these days...maybe that's how the Tareyton smoker got the black eye.  lmao