Beginners and Beyond

Winter Running Game 2015-2016 (Read 71 times)

Hey everyone.. it's been awhile.  I've been hurt with Achilles tendinitis for over 3 months but I'm starting to run again. Just in time for winter.  I know some of you played the winter running game last year and of course we'd like to get some new players.  Registration is now on for the 2015-2106 season. Same website http://www.winterrunninggame.com

If you played last year you don't have to re-register, just log in with your existing id.

For rules and more information see this post over at RWOL:

http://community.runnersworld.com/topic/winter-running-game-2015-2016

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Damn, should've joined this 2 years ago. They're predicting winter in my area to pretty much be wet... not as freezing cold as last winter but just wet. I was kicking ass 2 winters ago, this past winter I got my ass kicked, but I'm hoping to keep my mojo going this winter. Maybe joining this reindeer game will help.

I'm in.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

StepbyStep-SH

Thanks for doing this again!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Oooh, I just registered! Team Oven.

I didn't do this last year.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Chasing the bus

I protest it doesn't begin until 11/23! I've already been forced to stud a pair of shoes! It's officially past the day they will "allow" me to run outside here at work. Yesterday's run would have been 5.5 points...Go team abominable!

Hoping to be able to run all winter this year, barring injuries.

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
            Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

I protest it doesn't begin until 11/23! I've already been forced to stud a pair of shoes! It's officially past the day they will "allow" me to run outside here at work. Yesterday's run would have been 5.5 points...Go team abominable!

Hoping to be able to run all winter this year, barring injuries.

Ha.. we had weather in the 70's here in Michigan yesterday. Ridiculous! (but i'll take it!)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This week our weather has warmed up to the mid-thigh 70s in Southern Indiana, the mornings have been cool/warm and humid, blah.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Chasing the bus

Two mornings in a row at 5F... Points down the drain...team abominable!

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
                  Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

The game starts and you can start logging fo' realz on the 23rd. That's less than a week.

Still time to register.

Have fun, y'all.  I'll be laughing from the nice warm TM.