Beginners and Beyond

Sauteed Saturdailies (Read 29 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I was up before 3, my alarm pretty much scared the shit out of me.

This morning's workouts

No automatic alt text available.

And then

No automatic alt text available.

Okay, I'm going back to bed for like an hour or so. Night night.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

I was not up as early as FS, but I am still up and dressed and almost ready to go.

I wanted to start putting in some time at target HM pace today, but there's snow on the ground this morning and I dunno if it's slippery yet. I'll see when I hit the road. So either I run easy or I was thinking 3x 1.5 miles at HMP or something. Not programmed in the watch. I'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the dailies, FS, but the title lacks some originality.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I slept like a drugged baboon last night.  Vicodin and a delightful grapefruit/orange dry-hopped IPA put me out about 5PM.  I now have a fat, slightly throbbing head to go with my fat, still slightly throbbing foot.

I have lost 10lbs this year, and I'm going to do my best not to find it all again in the next few days/weeks.  My MRI is Monday afternoon, I'll be bored out of my mind by then.

Have a great day folks!

Question:  If a person had planned on running 15 first thing Saturday morning, then hitting their favorite Mexican place when they unlocked the doors ; what time is it acceptable to start drinking?

Runner with a riding problem.

No more marathons

Just noticed that my all time miles logged into RA hit 18,000 after yesterdays run.

That's 6 or so years back in the 80's, and 8 or so this time around.  There's some that hasn't been logged, but not much.

Anyway - today calls for 13.  That will be the longest non-race in 3 years.  One step at a time.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

delicate flower

'Morning!  HA!

I ran unscheduled bonus miles this morning.  DW wanted some company on her 5:00 AM 13 miler, so I tagged along for the second half of her run.  6.3 miles.  There were a shitload of other runners out on the roads this morning, a few of whom I know and said hi to.

I still have a small matter of my own workout to do today, which will be two easy hours on the bike trainer while I watch a movie.  Maybe Creed, maybe Interstellar.  Opinions, anyone?

<3

I still have a small matter of my own workout to do today, which will be two easy hours on the bike trainer while I watch a movie.  Maybe Creed, maybe Interstellar.  Opinions, anyone?

Have not seen Creed. Seemed to get great reviews, but IDK why - appears to be just another Rocky movie with the exact same storyline as all the rest. Interstellar was pretty good and a cool concept, although a bit overblown, and IMHO spends way too much time trying to explain the science of it all, when it is all pretty much BS. And is very long - good movie to fill up trainer time. (I saw it on a plane, similar deal.) I think both are actually longer than 2 hrs.

Getting ready to go out for 5.

Dave

LRB

I'm an avid science fiction fan but didn't bother to see Interstellar, I cannot remember why, I just didn't. I did see Creed however and it is a departure from previous Rocky movies in that Rocky is not fighting. I thought it was a great movie and Stallone's performance was one of his finest. Teamed with Michael B. Jordan, an emotional connection forms with you and the movie as it moves along. I liked it, Stallone should've won the Oscar. He lost it to the cat from Bridge of Spies (a movie I also saw) and was by most accounts snubbed.

Docket_Rocket

I loved Creed.  Hated Interstellar.  Was so boring I was hoping they would all die in one planet to make it interesting.  Smile

Morning!  I have Barre and Pilates classes soon and 7 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I hope to end my two day vacation from running today, but it is currently cold and raining like a mofo. I may just drive over to the park and run in the rain there with like minded individuals, lest I look like the idiot I am and run in it through the neighborhood with people who don't get it.

This has really been a bizarre period for me. I've gotten sick three times in 6 weeks (February 6 cold, February 14 flu, March 20 cold) for the first time ever. I'm really rather pissed about that but there's nothing you can do about it. I'm already a germaphobe (how's that working for ya? Not too good apparently.), the only thing left is to suit up in a plastic bubble! #johntravolta

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I was not up as early as FS, but I am still up and dressed and almost ready to go.

I wanted to start putting in some time at target HM pace today, but there's snow on the ground this morning and I dunno if it's slippery yet. I'll see when I hit the road. So either I run easy or I was thinking 3x 1.5 miles at HMP or something. Not programmed in the watch. I'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the dailies, FS, but the title lacks some originality.

Dang it!!! I knew it!!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Dave

LRB

Have not seen Creed. Seemed to get great reviews, but IDK why - appears to be just another Rocky movie with the exact same storyline as all the rest. Interstellar was pretty good and a cool concept, although a bit overblown, and IMHO spends way too much time trying to explain the science of it all, when it is all pretty much BS. And is very long - good movie to fill up trainer time. (I saw it on a plane, similar deal.) I think both are actually longer than 2 hrs.

Getting ready to go out for 5.

You strike me as the type that if you were a chef and someone requested steak sauce, you would hit them in the head with it, then spit at their feet and walk away in disgust. lol

Some quotes on Interstellar from RT:

"There are many words to describe Interstellar. Entertainment isn't one of them."

"It goes to infinity and beyond, when infinity would have been plenty."

"It's a film I didn't exactly enjoy and can't say I would recommend. And yet as an event, as a singular movie-watching opportunity, it's undoubtedly worthwhile."

Hmm, that last one might be the one that gets me to watch it. We'll see...

Cyberic

Dang it!!! I knew it!!!

Better! See, it's not difficult.

Although not ideal as there was some snow in the botanical garden, I managed to get in about 5 miles total at something like target HMP, out of a 9.XX miles run (too lazy to convert).

I ran 2.5 km, 2.5 km and 3km @ HMP, with 750m jog in between, which totals to 8K or about 5 miles.

Was not as easy as it should have been. I need to spend some time running at that pace, and maybe learn to relax a little more.

LRB

I loved Creed.  Hated Interstellar.  Was so boring I was hoping they would all die in one planet to make it interesting.  Smile

Morning!  I have Barre and Pilates classes soon and 7 miles tonight.

I've found with the big movies that are more story than action, that if I go into them with patience, I can usually appreciate what they're trying to accomplish. Otherwise, omg, I'm sitting there WAITING ON THE ACTION to commence. That was the case with The Martian, where I was like, you've got to be kidding me?! Whereas with Arrival, I had a better experience, despite both of them being relatively slow.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Dang it!!! I knew it!!!

Oh, I think it would be quite appropriate following Fried Dailies.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.