Beginners and Beyond

Red, White & Blue ThursDAILIES! (Read 40 times)

You will all be happy to know that I slept 9.5 hours last night.  

Totes jelly. You are truly gifted. I slept about that much total over 3 straight nights earlier this week. Fortunately I have slept well the last two nights in a row; nothing Baboon-worthy, but a solid 7 each night.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning! It was 51 degrees when I went out for my run this morning. I ran 4.1 miles in 38 or so minutes. Tomorrow is a 10k race where I gauge my fitness for my HM training. Looking forward to it. I won my AG there last year, let's hope the fast people don't show up again.

Happy birthday Phil. Smile

- Andrew

B-Plus

HBD Baboon!

Don't you people run? What's with all the rest days?

Ric-G

6 miles this AM...happy bday phil....weekend starts today in these parts...have a great day everyone.

marathon pr - 3:16

LRB

Don't you people run? What's with all the rest days?

Says the man who took three months off.  lol

Says the man who took three months off

....while signing up for a mileage competition.

Dave

outoftheblue

It must be RD Thursday.   Today and tomorrow are RDs for me, and then it's the Hernia Hill Half on Saturday morning.

My family is coming in for the July 4th weekend, so I have to get cracking with the final cleaning and grocery shopping today.  Plus, my broody hen is due to hatch her chickens this weekend, so I need to build a little enclosure inside the coop for them.  Busy, busy, busy.

Moth -- Very nice RV!

LRB -- A complete week off sounds like a good plan.  I really need to do that.

Lily -- Sounds like your sticking with the plan and not over-doing this time.  Nice!

Phil -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY.  I hope you don't sleep the whole thing away.

Docket -- I still don't know how you run outside in that weather.  I'd be on the TM all the time.

Everyone else -- Hi! and hope you have a GREAT holiday weekend.

Life is good.

StepbyStep-SH

My plan says rest day, but instead I did almost 7.5 miles because I wanted to explore a park in the town we are in overnight.

This, and the rest of Falls Park, plus a path that follows the river upstream through downtown and more park areas, was worth it.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

That's beautiful Step!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Happy birthday, Baboon. How can you sleep for 9.5 hours? Do you go to bed at 8:00?

I ran four easy miles this morning to prep for a 4th of July 5k I signed up for last night. it should be fun because I know a lot of people running in it. Let's see how close to 20:00 I can get.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

11 done this AM -

unexpected RD yesterday :/

Means I won't make my 80 this week gah!!

Thinking about a 5k in the AM, it won't be peak performance but still aiming to take Masters ( gotta have a goal right?)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.2. Then took the specialty leash we had for Hammy after his surgery to a lady I saw struggling with her old dog while i was out running. The dog is having a hard time walking. Hammy had major back surgery several years ago.  he was very weak and had a hard time walking before and after the surgery. I found a special leash to make it easier for us to help him walk and it was awesome. He could still go to the bathroom and didn't fall down. Poor lady started to cry when I gave it to her. It will help them so much and make it easier for the dog to get around.

Marjorie

LRB

6.2. Then took the specialty leash we had for Hammy after his surgery to a lady I saw struggling with her old dog while i was out running. The dog is having a hard time walking. Hammy had major back surgery several years ago.  he was very weak and had a hard time walking before and after the surgery. I found a special leash to make it easier for us to help him walk and it was awesome. He could still go to the bathroom and didn't fall down. Poor lady started to cry when I gave it to her. It will help them so much and make it easier for the dog to get around.

You my sweet are AWESOME!  

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sorry about the bear on the trail...I'll take a cow - which I dealt with yesterday - over a bear any day!

Crap, I just noticed I 'damarisized' B-Plus in my first personals this morning.  Sorry bout that, B-Plus!  Hope your miles went well!

Good luck with the shoe shopping Dave.  Always amazes me how many miles some of you get out of your shoes. 500 miles, I wish!   I usually have to get new ones after about 250 - 300 miles.  Of course, I am a lot FATTER than y'all, so I probably crush the heck out of mine more than y'all do.   And since I have very low weekly mileage, getting to 250 miles takes me quite some time...so I probably am using my shoes for a longer time period than y'all too, which may also contribute to my shoes getting all sweaty and yucky looking and breaking them down.

But Damaris...you look so GOOD when you 'glisten'.  

From Andrew:  Morning! It was 51 degrees when I went out for my run this morning.

Andrew...guess which one here is you....

Nice your weekend starts early, Ric.  Enjoy the long weekend!

HERNIA HILL half...gee, that sounds like fun, outoftheblue.   Good luck with that and let's hope you don't get a hernia! So if the chickens hatch on the 4th, I wonder if they'll be red, white, and blue.

Wow, that's nice Step! Hope you had a trail and didn't have to negotiate your way over all those rocks!

Good luck with your 5K, Jack!   And you too, Slymoon, if you choose to do it!

Marjorie, you have a good heart, that was very nice what you did for the lady and her dog.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt