Beginners and Beyond

Red, White & Blue ThursDAILIES! (Read 40 times)

Mmmmm...beer

Heat, what heat?  8 miles @ 7:43 in the midday sun with a 75* dewpoint, awesome run at the lake! 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Heat, what heat?  8 miles @ 7:43 in the midday sun with a 75* dewpoint, awesome run at the lake! 

Well, at least you got a lake there....and can go wading/dipping after you run to cool off a bit.  Nice!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

Hello hello, everyone!  My Thursday "tempo" run is done, done, done!  8.5 total with 6 @ GMP, which I ran as a bit of a progression again.  Feels good to be able to complete those!  I think my next one goes up to 7 miles, but that will be after my HM next week.

Moth- That is a fancy ride!  Doesn't have the same style as the mini, though! Smile

LRB- Enjoy the time off!  Anything you can do to help your marathon cycle go well is worth it in my book!

B+ - Enjoy the 8!

Phil- Happy birthday!

Lily- If you're doing Hanson's, do you have MP miles today?  Or is it a different version of their plan?

D- Woohoo for surprise extra hour!

Scotty- Hello again, and good luck this weekend!

Dave- Any chance the renewed knee thing in because both of your shoes had gotten fairly high in mileage?

Andrew- Good luck tomorrow!

Ric- Enjoy the long weekend!

OOTB- Have a good race, and good luck with family and hen!

Step- Beautiful!

Jack- Hiya!

Slymoon- Good luck!

Marjorie- That was awesome of you to share Hammy's leash!  Was it the kind that hooks around their back legs to support their hind end as they walk?  We had one of those for our seniors a while back.

D2- Nice run!

MothAudio

Happy Birthday Phil!

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

LRB

Just had a 50 minute therapeutic massage, I feel like a million dollar bill!  

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Zelanie yes. Called Silver Tails. Is made to assist old arthritic dogs to walk and make it easier in the owner too to support their weight and unload their hind legs. It can stay on all the time and doesn't get in the way of them being able to potty. And theywon't fall when pottying since they can be supported.   She was just thrilled.

I know how hard it was for us when Hammy was struggling to walk and always falling down. This really saved us and I think aided in his recovery. It has been in storage for several years since it has been so long since Hammy's surgery---so might as well help another dog that is having such a hard time. She knows the dog won't live much longer but this will give her some ease with walking and not falling and getting hurt.

Marjorie

Dave- Any chance the renewed knee thing in because both of your shoes had gotten fairly high in mileage?

Haven't really seen any correlation to that in the past, but anyway I am going to go ahead & assume my new shoes will fix everything.

Called the LRS this morning to see if they were in stock, just got a call back that they are ready for me to pick up.

Scotty, I have no idea if I should be keeping them that long. I sort of arbitrarily picked 500 as my standard replacement mileage, I don't really notice anything change at any point. I think if I had to replace at 250 I would go crazy.

Dave

LRB

Scotty, I have no idea if I should be keeping them that long. I sort of arbitrarily picked 500 as my standard replacement mileage, I don't really notice anything change at any point. I think if I had to replace at 250 I would go crazy.

For me, it depends on the shoe.  I have a 6.3 ounce pair that would incinerate into air at 300 miles let alone 500.  My DST's (9,6 ounces) would get to 500 but would likely be worn and ragged.  I don't wear them anymore but my big ass Kayano's (11.3 ounces) got me to 400+ miles fairly easily.

Zelanie

Marjorie- Hopefully this will provide some comfort to the family.  It is so hard to watch them struggle.  The leash we had was called "bottoms up" and you put it on before going out.

Dave- Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I've never gotten 500 miles out of a pair of shoes.  I always mean to do better, but start fretting at some point.  For me, Kinvaras seem to last 300, more sturdy shoes can go into the 400s.  At least I buy them all on clearance, that helps.

Docket_Rocket

Haven't really seen any correlation to that in the past, but anyway I am going to go ahead & assume my new shoes will fix everything.

Called the LRS this morning to see if they were in stock, just got a call back that they are ready for me to pick up.

Good luck!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Hah,

I see last years MCM 'pump up' video.

http://bcove.me/41bvt6zt

From the Internet.

Hi dailies! Thursday is track day - my favorite day! Big grin 6x800 in ah, less than ideal conditions (DP 74F). Still faster than I've run them in the past - my last rep was 3:55, the previous two were 4:00 and 4:01. 5.85 miles total. Feeling awesome, and kinda tired - on track to hit ~25 miles this week, it will be my second week in a row 25+ if I get the miles I want in over the next few days, but I may need a day off so we'll see.

Due to evolving circumstances, we may be moving sooner than we had planned! We've put in an offer on a house - the agent/owners were fine with waiting until September to close if the offer looks good to them and if we put down a deposit, [edited to remove information that I apparently wasn't supposed to share!] but we may be able to close by the end of the month if all goes well. It's on a very small lot, right up against Audubon Society land with 25 miles of trails (<.25 miles from the front door to the nearest trail entrance). Looks like I will definitely become a trail runner if the deal goes through, haha Smile

Docket_Rocket

Congrats!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

For me, it depends on the shoe.  I have a 6.3 ounce pair that would incinerate into air at 300 miles let alone 500.  My DST's (9,6 ounces) would get to 500 but would likely be worn and ragged.  I don't wear them anymore but my big ass Kayano's (11.3 ounces) got me to 400+ miles fairly easily.

Dave- Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I've never gotten 500 miles out of a pair of shoes.  I always mean to do better, but start fretting at some point.  For me, Kinvaras seem to last 300, more sturdy shoes can go into the 400s.  At least I buy them all on clearance, that helps.

Yeah, I just don't know how to determine when any given shoe is "worn out". They don't really feel any different to me at 300, 500 or whatever.

Dave

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

I have better luck than that. I think part of it is that I run A LOT on a treadmill during the winter, which tends to be easier on shoes.

- Andrew