Beginners and Beyond

Red, White & Blue ThursDAILIES! (Read 40 times)

LRB

Yeah, I just don't know how to determine when any given shoe is "worn out". They don't really feel any different to me at 300, 500 or whatever.

I thought the same until I did a side by side comparison this last time with a shoe that I thought was fine at 350 miles or whatever it was, then I ran in a new pair of the same model.  Needless to say I didn't wear the other pair again but just like anything else running-wise if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Docket_Rocket

Just got home. Being the fact that we are still above 100F, I think it's TM time. At least the dewpoint is only 74.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Just got home. Being the fact that we are still above 100F, I think it's TM time. At least the dewpoint is only 74.

Yay, you get it!

Cyberic

Maybe I'm cheap but I get more mileage than what I read here out of my shoes.

The two pairs that I wore out were Asics Gel Cumulus 13s at 853km and a pair of 14s at 990 km.

I have 4 pairs that I use now:

2 pairs of Mizuno Wave Riders 16 at 860 km and 846 km, and still going. 1 pair of NB 890 V4 at 285 km, and 1 pair of Mizuno Wave Sayonaras at 502 km. I'm afraid I won't get the same mileage out of my NB as I do from Asics and Mizunos, and if that is true, it will be the end of NB for me. I paid 140$+tx for them in a local store. As stated before, maybe I'm cheap, but it's something I consider when I choose my shoes.

I never set foot on a treadmill in my life. A lot of the mileage on the Asics and the Wave Sayonaras has been done on an indoor rubberized track, and the rest has been outside.

I thought the same until I did a side by side comparison this last time with a shoe that I thought was fine at 350 miles or whatever it was, then I ran in a new pair of the same model.  Needless to say I didn't wear the other pair again but just like anything else running-wise if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I have replaced old shoes with new ones of the same model before, but never really noticed anything.

Anyway, new shoes have been got, 2 pair of the same model as the old ones. Maybe I can try a run with the old shoe on one foot & new shoe on the other. Or not.

Dave

B-Plus

....while signing up for a mileage competition.

OMG that was so dumb. I thinI I signed up for 60-70 mpw and ended up wih about 2!

B-Plus

For me, it depends on the shoe.  I have a 6.3 ounce pair that would incinerate into air at 300 miles let alone 500.  My DST's (9,6 ounces) would get to 500 but would likely be worn and ragged.  I don't wear them anymore but my big ass Kayano's (11.3 ounces) got me to 400+ miles fairly easily.

I got over 400 with my DSR9s, but they were also more substantial than the 10s.

I think Baboon gets about 3000 miles a pair out of his almost not there NBs.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

http://www.runnersworld.com/hot-weather-running/good-reasons-to-love-training-through-summer

I am going to be constantly that all this summer dang it.

But I must say, starting last night and today, and tomorrow is going to be freaking gorgeous weather Smile not much higher than 80 with lows in the low 60's. I shall take advantage of this.

I've got 3 miles tonight with Dorian and Jumpstart.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

I have little use for a garmin, only in races. So all your garmin chitchat bores me. Also, I usually keep my shoes for up to 600 miles. So all your shoe talk is nothing but blah, blah, blah... I do have a very important running question, though: why is it that every time I look right while running on the TM, I hit the left side bar? 

So I did 40 minutes of stretching and leg work, plus more push-ups, 35-35-30. I was expecting that this core workout would make me very fast, but the opposite happened and I'm very upset. I ran 10 miles very slowly. So slowly that I won't even tell you the pace because I'm so embarrassed. But I did not stop. I did not drink. It was hot as f*ck (hey, it's because of you people that I talk like that). It stank of garbage. I faced a wall. I'm a martyr. The usual. Tired of hearing it, yet? 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Cyberic

I have little use for a garmin, only in races. So all your garmin chitchat bores me. Also, I usually keep my shoes for up to 600 miles. So all your shoe talk is nothing but blah, blah, blah... I do have a very important running question, though: why is it that every time I look right while running on the TM, I hit the left side bar? 

So I did 40 minutes of stretching and leg work, plus more push-ups, 35-35-30. I was expecting that this core workout would make me very fast, but the opposite happened and I'm very upset. I ran 10 miles very slowly. So slowly that I won't even tell you the pace because I'm so embarrassed. But I did not stop. I did not drink. It was hot as f*ck (hey, it's because of you people that I talk like that). It stank of garbage. I faced a wall. I'm a martyr. The usual. Tired of hearing it, yet? 

Why look right? Don't you know what's in the garage by now?

Docket_Rocket

6 miles done.  It 95F right now and I wanted to get out there and run the last 3 outside since it was not so bad anymore (and when 95F feels good you know your weather is fucked up), but Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy had started and I didn't want to miss the 42!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

Why look right? Don't you know what's in the garage by now?

There is a mouse that goes back and forth. It's been teasing me and stealing my GU. For real. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

There is a mouse that goes back and forth. It's been teasing me and stealing my GU. For real. 

He must be hungry because most GUs are .

Damaris

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

That's one benefit of being old school I guess. You don't have to worry about being an early adopter to these Garmin upgrades and if it'll screw up your ability to log here.

LRB

6 miles done.  It 95F right now and I wanted to get out there and run the last 3 outside since it was not so bad anymore (and when 95F feels good you know your weather is fucked up), but Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy had started and I didn't want to miss the 42!

There is something missing from this post?