Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's FRIDAILY (Read 14 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning Pens !!!

Last cool day for a while, so it will be a LR day.

Have a great weekend...

Zelanie

Morning!  RD for me.  Mia had a good night and seems to be doing well.  Fingers crossed that it continues.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Morning!  RD for me.  Mia had a good night and seems to be doing well.  Fingers crossed that it continues.

Yay, have a good RD, Zel.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Chorus rehearsal last night was fun, but tiring.  5AM came really early this morning!!  I did most of my PT, but skipped the exercises that made my ankle hurt.  Usually with an attempt, then a "screw it!"  So I guess it's "modified PT".  Still, it's Friday and the weekend is almost here!!

Jerryb -- have a good cool LR!!

Zelanie -- glad Mia had a good night!!  8 meds is a lot ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 7 depending on the bloody knee.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Morning, Penguins!!  Chorus rehearsal last night was fun, but tiring.  5AM came really early this morning!!  I did most of my PT, but skipped the exercises that made my ankle hurt.  Usually with an attempt, then a "screw it!"  So I guess it's "modified PT".  Still, it's Friday and the weekend is almost here!!

Jerryb -- have a good cool LR!!

Zelanie -- glad Mia had a good night!!  8 meds is a lot ...

HsM- Glad you're back to PT!  What you can do will help. Smile  They still haven't found the 8th, so it's "only" 7.  5AM came early for me, too, since that's when she needed the first one (some have to be given x number of hours before the others/food/etc.).  But, I was able to catch a quick nap after round 1.

Jerry- Enjoy the LR in the cool air!

Docket_Rocket

This is stupid.  When I first posted, no one had posted but this internet connection today took forever and now I have to do shoutouts ha.  Not sure if I mentioned this last night, but I tripped and manage to slice my scab off the knee and it fucking hurt!!!!!!!!!!  And bled!  It looks OK now.

Jerry, enjoy the LR.

Z, enjoy the rest.  Hope the dog continues to improve.

Hope, hope your ankle continues to improve as well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Jerry, have a good LR.

Damaris, hope your knee doesn't give you too much trouble.

HopesMom, wise to skip anything that hurt.

Zel, enjoy the rest.

Mitch, when you mentioned lala land I thought you might mean Los Angeles...wondered if you were headed my way. Smile

Rest day for me.  We're on our way to Park City; spent last night at an airport hotel in Salt Lake City.  Before driving to Park City we're going to dip our toes in the Great Salt Lake.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning all.  Cross training today which means I'll probably hit the pool for a bit an cycle a bit later.  I've been planning Paris stuff which is fun.  "Oh no honey, we can't go there on this day because I need to run 8 miles"  DH is getting a little fed up =P  I have chinese class tonight and I think my instructor will probably kill me, I've done basically zero practice in the last 6 weeks :-(  My only hope is that my classmate did the same amount of work that I did.

Jerry - enjoy the LR

Zel - I hope that your puppy is okay.. 7 meds is a lot of meds

HsM - something is better than nothing

DR - I hope the knee heals quickly.  I don't even look at my knees anymore, with my level of clutziness they are nasty.  I banged one into coral reef on a trip and it took 6 months to heal.

Brill - enjoy park city =D

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Amazonian Princess

G'morning, Penguins,

No posting for a while because home internet has been wonky and been too busy at work preparing for my time off - which is now! DH and I are at the north shore of Lake Tahoe and my private SUP lesson starts in thirty minutes  Later today will be a ride or run on the Truckee River Legacy trail and kayaking tomorrow.

Sorry for no personals since I'm using my bitty little phone but I'll check later if the WiFi works here!

I can. I will. I am. 

GinnyinPA

Jerry - enjoy the cool weather run.  I love breaks in the summer heat.

HM - Good job doing most of your PT.  I hope the ankle continues to improve.  Are you still icing it?  Is your concert this weekend?

Z - Seven is a lot of meds for one poor dog. Did they ever determine what the issue is, or are they just throwing antibiotics at her to see if they can kill of whatever is making her ill?  (That's what my vet does.)

D - I hope the knee feels better.  I used to do that as a kid: trip and fall on the knee with the  scab. It hurts!  DH does that a lot with his head:  hits the same spot over and over.  His scalp is a mess.

Brilliant - what's in Park City, besides skiing?  Have a fun trip.

sapf - when do you leave for Paris?  Even if you can't run as much as usual, you'll be doing a lot of walking, which will help keep you in shape.

It's cooler here, so I'd like to run, but I'd also like to get DH and Ben out to the mountains for a bit of a hike after lunch.  One way or the other, I'll get outdoors.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Got our 10 miler done.  A little warmer than I thought, so we took it slow.  Ready for some quality deck time now.

Bri, try Wasatch Brewery in Park City.  Good beer and food.  Watch out for the buffalo on Antelope Island if you go up to the GSL.  We were there in April.

Zelanie

Ginny, I think they've settled on hemorrhagic  gastrointeritis.  What nobody seems to know is what causes it. Most of the meds are treating the symptoms.  A few are "just in case" for possible causes.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Ginny, I think they've settled on hemorrhagic  gastrointeritis.  What nobody seems to know is what causes it. Most of the meds are treating the symptoms.  A few are "just in case" for possible causes.

Zel -  My dog had that a couple of years ago... it is so terrifying.  My vet suspects that the trigger in my dog's case was my mom feeding my girl too much pumpkin pie at thanksgiving =(  Luckily for us we caught it with her first bout of bloody diarrhea and were at the animal hospital at 1am within 20 minutes (perks of living in a major city)  She hasn't relapsed since - thankfully.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21)