Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES (Read 47 times)

LRB

I have a ton of crap to do today but my body battery is completely dead. I need a boost.

I'll start with coffee which hopefully will be enough to get me out of the door for a run. Once I get the run in, everything else should follow. That's the plan anyway!

Cyberic

Hello Internet people,

It's a beautiful day today. Tomorrow we'll get big amounts of rain. But since DD has soccer practice, and I try to run with minimal family time impact, I will not do a LR today. I'll run 9, or maybe 10 during her practice. Tomorrow is another day.  I'll see then.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Ran 4 this morning with hubby and lifted weights.  It was still cool (83F and 71 dewpoint), so outside was a must.

Now off to help my grandmother move.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

No more marathons

Been plugging away this week, and ran 3.4 this morning in the rain.

Looking forward to the Penn State/Ohio State game this afternoon.

We are ----

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

Been plugging away this week, and ran 3.4 this morning in the rain.

Looking forward to the Penn State/Ohio State game this afternoon.

We are ----

That was quite the beat down your squad put on my beloved Wolverines. I don't even know who we play today, when we play them, and don't care. Awful. 

Half Crazy K 2.0

That was quite the beat down your squad put on my beloved Wolverines. I don't even know who we play today, when we play them, and don't care. Awful. 

Rutgers. Good school to take their frustration out on.

5 miles.

Dave

zzyzx

I did something amazing this morning. I laced up and actually went on a run! It had been a while.

Goal was 7 but I was hoping the weather would inspire me to do 8 or 9. Instead a thick fog rolled in and it was chilly. 7.2 @ 8:52. With how I've been feeling the last few weeks, I'll take it.

I thought last weekend was my peak workout?..OMG this one killed me lol. Well yesterday at work I was up and down a large flight of stairs like a million times. Something tweaked in my left knee (not the one that was nagging me previously)  and by the end of the day I couldn't really walk down any stairs without some serious pain. I wasn't sure if I could run today. Woke up and it felt ok so I figured I'd go for it. Went over to this local park around 8am for my 14/progression.

Started off nice an easy for the 7mi pre-fatigue and felt ok Splits: 8:45, 21, 21, 15, 18, 09, 15

2mi @ MP ( Had trouble finding pace and my watch wasn't responding to any effort changes which didn't help ) 7:04, 6:45

4mi @ HM Pace. 6:26, 31, 34, 27 (This was pretty darn tough)

1mi Down 8:19

Well that was my last 14er of the cycle. Hard one for sure. My legs are beat to hell.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

RunningOnSand

Awesome job, JayB! Sounds super intense - hope your knee is going to be okay.

Docket, you crack me up - it was cool @ 83*. I also felt it was cool here - at 30*. I am so not a Southerner. 

I hear the minions calling - so quick drive by - 6.12 ez paced run. Snow is on the ground already!!! Was a gorgeous mix with our fall colors. Now off to go tend to the little people.

delicate flower

Hey there, kids!  I had a fun morning....

CAUTION:  RR AHEAD....

• 4 mile pre-race "warm up" at GMP (7:20ish)
                        • HM in 1:34:20 (7:08 pace....Garmin got 13.22 miles so I updated my log to reflect 13.1 miles, which recalcs my pace at 7:13)
                        • 1 mile cool down
                        • Pancake, eggs, and bacon reload

Coach told me to run this race at GMP, not all out HM effort.  He actually gave me 16 at GMP, and doing a HM at that pace is a good way to cheat my way through that workout.  So, I got to the race early and did 4(ish) miles at GMP before the race.  I've never done that long a warm up, but I figured I'd get those extra miles done before the race instead of after in case I did something stupid and blew my legs up during the race,and I honestly didn't care about my race time and cared more about my workout.  I did a great job of keeping the effort dialed back though, and the race was so enjoyable not being in 13.1 mile suffer mode at all.  I was saying to hi and good morning to all the spectators (they were sparse), cops, and volunteers, just cruising along and really enjoying the scenic course.  I was running a little ahead of GMP but I was not pushing hard so I didn't worry about my pace and just focused on the effort.  I knew I was pretty far up in the 400 person field.  I was very surprised around mile 9 when a volunteer said to me "you're in 4th place," and I was like WHAT??  I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention. Mile 9-10 the road split with runners further back in the field heading the other direction, and I was really loving all the runners telling me I was in 4th place and cheering me on.  That was awesome, and I was smiling ear to ear.  Mile 10-11 is a huge hill and I didn't charge up it, but when a guy passed me on that hill and took over 4th place, at that point it became a race to me and I let it fly the last 2.5 miles.  I beat him by a minute.  I finished 4th overall, which is my highest finish in a HM, and I had a lot left in the tank at the end of the race, so mission accomplished on the workout.  Honestly I hurt more after my 19.5 miler last weekend.  Swag report:  I got a t-shirt for my AG win.  After waiting 90 minutes for the award ceremony.  coolstorybro?

<3

LRB

Pancake

It was all a blur after that. Sorry. 

delicate flower

It was all a blur after that. Sorry. 

There is a typo there.  Pancakes.  Plural.  Two rather large ones and I ate them all because I am a fat ass.  They were good.

<3

LRB

4mi @ HM Pace. 6:26, 31, 34, 27 (This was pretty darn tough)

HMP is a tricky one for me. I either have it and feel as if I can run it forever, or it's a bear and I feel like there's no way I can run 13 of them shits. lol

LRB

There is a typo there.  Pancakes.  Plural.  Two rather large ones and I ate them all because I am a fat ass.  They were good.

You rode that mile 12 downhill like you were on horseback.