Beginners and Beyond

Not Quite the Weekend Thursdailes (Read 41 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good morning everyone, figured since I am up and there is  no dailies yet... I'll do the honors.

What is on your schedule, what have you already accomplished?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I woke up not feeling quite as awful as yesterday, but I've still got a sore throat and was light headed during our run.

It was 45 degrees, Jetta and I got in 5 miles this morning.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Need to do a different kind of run today, a library run. My books are dues and I need more to read.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Cyberic

Warmer and warmer Sad

Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 71.

onemile

LRB

I ran 6. It's been a bit chilly this week with my runs coming in temps at 33 degrees or so, but with the sun being out it's not so bad.

onemile

I ran 6. It's been a bit chilly this week with my runs coming in temps at 33 degrees or so, but with the sun being out it's not so bad.

I wore tights last night. I thought we were done with that.

5 w/6x100m strides.

Dave

LRB

I wore tights last night. I thought we were done with that.

Yeah my fingertips have been in WTF mode but it appears as though we'll be turning the corner right soon.

delicate flower

Hello!  lol omg

Masters "group" swim this morning and nobody else showed, so I got a private coaching session.  2200 yard swim, which included a 1000 yard time trail (that's long).  It took me 21:56, which certainly isn't fast but it's better than the 31:04 it took me last July.  Progress!

Bike ride after work today.  My legs are achy from last night's tempo run.

I ran a marathon in that once.  

<3

Cyberic

I ran a marathon in that once.  

If that is really what it's gonna be, I'll go for a more conservative goal. Like onemile said, after a winter of training, my body is not used to running in 70 degrees temps.

delicate flower

If that is really what it's gonna be, I'll go for a more conservative goal. Like onemile said, after a winter of training, my body is not used to running in 70 degrees temps.

You and everyone else in that race who isn't from a warm climate.  I am not one for giving out race advice, but I learned my lesson the hard way and will lower expectations the next time I run a marathon in that.  Here is my data from my 70 degree marathon (man, that data is brutal).  I went out at goal pace and things started to fall apart 10 miles in.  You're a much stronger runner than I was at that time though.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Decided not to run today, still feeling like my stomach wants to kill me.  Went to take my blood test and they screwed up the tubes so I have to go back on Monday.  Off to Disney.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 10.3 easy miles in mid 50s with just a light wind.  That's about as good as it gets imo.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Those temps still suck and being used to running in 70+ temps does not help to PR in those conditions.  So, everybody will be as screwed as you.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page