Beginners and Beyond

Rock CF Rivers Half Marathon Race Report (Read 79 times)

LRB

Congratulations on running such a good race.  You really earned your AG award.

Thanks!  They were custom made coasters made from tile by Pewabic Pottery, a very popular company here that was founded in 1903.

Rock CF is a run that benefits Cystic Fibrosis by the way, that is what CF stands for.

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Lose the arm sleves = A goal.  You wore too many clothes.

delicate flower

LRB, great job, man!  That was a finely executed race, wind be damned.  Losing 20 seconds to the wind really isn't that bad, especially given it was the last two miles.  If you ran this conservatively, you're obviously closer to 1:25 than this.

On a personal note, you are now thoroughly whipping my ass in the 5K, 10K, and HM, and that ain't sitting well with me.

<3

LRB

Lose the arm sleves = A goal.  You wore too many clothes.

lol 

We are going to get you there Boon.  Right now though you have bigger fish to fry!

happylily

Phew... I'm glad it's Pewabic Pottery and not Pewbic Pottery... Coasters are a great idea!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Thanks!  They were custom made coasters made from tile by Pewabic Pottery, a very popular company here that was founded in 1903.

Those are awesome. Yes Pewabic Pottery is a local icon.

And Baboon you will certainly have the chance soon enough to smoke LRB in the marathon.

Dave

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Sweet race LRB.

That's not a fade, I gotcher fade!

Well done buddy.

LRB

That's not a fade, I gotcher fade!

You got a revenge date set yet?

lol at lily

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

You got a revenge date set yet?

lol at lily

Oh plans change!

I don't get a revenge HM yet.  I set one for next Saturday, but was instructed to train through!  So we will see how that goes.

Meanwhile, I ran an impromptu one yesterday!  No taper , I'll put up an RR soon.

B-Plus

On a personal note, you are now thoroughly whipping my ass in the 5K, 10K, and HM, and that ain't sitting well with me.

I need to get my shit together. This LRB is the real deal and my PRs are at risk.

Pinktastic

Rick - what a PINKTACULAR race!   Holy cow - you ROCKED it!   You're very hard on yourself for those few seconds/mile at the end, but plebians like me KNOW that you ran a PINK-MAZING race!!    Huge congrats on the race and on the AG bling!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

LRB

I need to get my shit together. This LRB is the real deal and my PRs are at risk.

Use it as motivation if you must but I can assure you I cannot touch your PR's with a 10 foot pole.  Very impressive Sir!

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Congrats on a great race, great pic, and sweet AG bling!

LRB

You're very hard on yourself for those few seconds/mile at the end, but plebians

Okay I had to google that.  lol

Thanks S!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Damn, LRB. Awesome job!

+1.  I can't imagine me doing a 10K in that time, lol, let alone a half.  You rock, Rick!  Congrats!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt