Beginners and Beyond

What it do WednesDAILIES? (Read 42 times)

LRB

Mo' rest. You?

StepbyStep-SH

URD. I had planned to swim, but have a sore arm. And my knee acted up during and a few hours after yesterday's walk/run. Nothing but a PT appointment.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Little Blue

Another 2-3 mile marathon, a walk with my friend, and some grass cutting.  SSDD.

Cyberic

Thinking maybe I'll try a workout at the track tonight with the club. If I decide not to, I'll run easy at lunch.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Easy miles fo' sho'

2 days of speed work in a row is leaving me sore!

delicate flower

Happy Wednesday, internet!  Back to work after a glorious day off yesterday.  Today is looking like an easy run in the 40 minute range, then probably some pedaling of the spin bike afterwards.

<3

delicate flower

Easy miles fo' sho'

2 days of speed work in a row is leaving me sore!

I am curious what those workouts were.  I was doing two over a three day span during my last marathon cycle.  Usually a 60 minute hard effort progression run one day, and a 60-90 minute hard tempo run the other day.  Those second workouts always hurt even with an easy day in between.

<3

Mmmmm...beer

What up buttercups?

Haven't had a lot of internet time lately, but my running is going great!  My easy pace is dropping like a rock, it's crazy, the hills are working their magic. Smile

So apparently I test really well with senior citizens.  Yesterday I'm out running, shirtless in the 80* Carolina sun (love it!), and I pass a couple of ladies who were probably in their 70s.  I always wave and say hi to everyone I encounter while running, so I said good afternoon and asked how they were doing, one lady said that she's good and asks how I am, I said, "I'm great!", and then she says, "Mmmhmmm, I can see that!".  I about died, probably the funniest thing I've had happen to me while running.  I'm not gonna lie tho, a compliment from anyone is still very motivating, that ended up being a 6:54 mile! LOL

Hope everyone has been doing well!  Gonna try to go through some RRs later if I can find the time. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Morning.

Area around my hotel is not very runnable, but found a park a couple miles away with an asphalt path around the perimeter, and even actual bathrooms. (Where's the PM when you're prepared for it?) Only 0.7 miles around, so a lot of loops, but can't complain. I am in Houston and DP is currently 70. There was a breeze and it felt OK, just not used to actually being this sweaty after an early morning run at this point in the season.

8 miles easy.

(D: "I dream of running in 70 DP!" Just saving you some keystrokes.)

Dave

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hiya Dailies.

The soreness is just about gone. That seemed to happen pretty quickly this time. I'm going to do my core work later today but no running yet. I want to go out and do a few easy miles on the track but some extra rest is probably good for my knee. Bleh... I'm getting sick of that thing. It's almost time to go to the doc but I know he's just going to say "You run so you need to rest and ice."  Whatever.

StepbyStep-SH

D2 - Out getting the ol' ladies' heart rates up! Wink

So, my PT didn't seem overly concerned about the pain in my knee yesterday, just said to hold off on any downhill slopes a little longer, back off bridging exercises that might be putting more force on the knee for a few days, and keep focusing on isometric holds and my hamstrings. Plus, listen to my body. Got it.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I actually got to run yesterday and go to the gym. But this morning didn't happen because now DH has a really bad sore throat and feels like shit, while Dorian is slowly feeling better though still has a cough and a runny nose...........

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates tonight.  woke up with a sore throat so I am getting sick, meh.

D2, so funny.  All I got in Columbia for running with a bra was to put something on because people don't do that in public.  That person must never come to Miami then.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I am curious what those workouts were.  I was doing two over a three day span during my last marathon cycle.  Usually a 60 minute hard effort progression run one day, and a 60-90 minute hard tempo run the other day.  Those second workouts always hurt even with an easy day in between.

I am usually muscle tired the day after but really sore on the 2nd day (ie: today)

Monday was :

(6) x 150 on the track 3 min rest - 100% effort ( with a goal to maintain same times.

Tuesday was:

15x short hill form work

1000m easy (w group)

10x shirt hill hard

1000m hard (pursuit staggered start slowest first fastest last - have to catch them all!)

x m Catch my daughter ( group sprint - she had a head start)

Friday will be:

easy hill run ( not racing this weekend)

B-Plus

30-45 min tonight