Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies are in the house (Read 32 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Good luck racers

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

5.3 for me. Then errands. Sealing the garage floor today. My last big project.

Marjorie

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good luck to the racers.

I've been up since like 5 AM, and not by choice. Apparently Dorian had too much sleep yesterday afternoon and was awake chirping, howling and every other noise he could make, so I gave up just before 6 AM and finally got out of bed. I've got his cake, party supplies and we'll be having fried chicken and potato salad (and chips). I am honestly wondering if it was a good idea reserving the shelter house at Scales Lake, because I can't contain the beast in open areas lol. Hopefully his birthday party will be fun, and not too stressful.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Will run for scenery.

I should hit the gym today.  And by golly maybe I will.

Who's racing today ? Good luck to you!

Kristin, if you need ideas for carbo-loading... try the mac-nut pie!  Like pecan pie made with macadamia nuts. Yum.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

LRB

'Sup yo!

My 5k is complete and I fuckin' killed it!  You hear me?  KILLED IT!!

I am still waiting on the official results but it is a sub-19:00....by a lot!  

StepbyStep-SH

'Sup yo!

AWESOME! Congratulations, speed racer!

Happy birthday, Dorian!

4.8 recovery miles for me, some of it in the rain. Hopefully the rain stops now so I can take DS hiking with friends later. Date night tonight - dinner and Monuments Men at the cheap theater.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Happy Saturday everyone,,

FS - I hope Dorian has a wonderful birthday!

LRB - High Fives and Hell Yeahs!

I just got in from 5 around the neighborhood. It was a pretty run since everything is now in bloom. We're heading out to meet some friends and watch Captain America.

LRB

Thanks peeps!  I am home and will work on the race report soon.

Hobbit, I am going to see Captain America again this weekend.  Great movie!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Congrats man!

I will make sure to get pics on how messy little man gets with his cake, and post them for ya'll Smile

'Sup yo!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

'Sup yo!

I checked your log.  HOLY SNAKE BALLS!  I can't wait to hear about it!  Rock n roll, man.

I ran...a very good run but not as good as LRB.  21 miles at 8:33 pace.  A bit slower on the pace than my last LR, but still faster than my current PR pace (8:36).  I'm in a weird and unfamiliar place with my training.  In my first three marathons, it felt like I spent the entire training cycle just trying to build up to the distance.  This time, I am already comfortably there with the distance and I'm just working on execution and doing it faster.  My pace was a bit slower today, but I didn't fade like my last LR.  Good stuff.  I'm going to tear the cover off my PR, I tell ya whut.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Did 8.25 miles with hubby. I am amaze what a 3 hour drive North does to the weather. It's like Miami is on a different planet, yo.

Happy birthday, Dorian!

Congrats, LRB!!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

'Sup yo!

Dude! Awesome!!

For me: same event, different distance.

Martian Marathon, 3:52, 14 min PR.

Dave

B-Plus

I checked your log.  HOLY SNAKE BALLS!  I can't wait to hear about it!  Rock n roll, man.

I don't know anything about snake balls, but +1. Congrats LRB!!!

8-9ish if I ever get up.

Hip Redux

Dude! Awesome!!

For me: same event, different distance.

Martian Marathon, 3:52, 14 min PR.

A little stealth marathon, eh?  Nice work Smile

outoftheblue

Congrats LRB!!!!!!!   Sub-19?  Woot woot.   Can't wait to hear more.

Zelanie -- GOOD LUCK tomorrow -- I hope you blow your PR out of the water.

On chick watch, I now have two little peepers under mom, and 2 more eggs left to go.  I'm giving the eggs until tonight, before I give up on them.  I just so excited that some of them hatched.  On the running front, I was supposed to go over to the golf course/park today to do my long run, but hubby took our car on a long day trip (he has to pick up a new bee hive) , so I may have to suck it up and hit the TM.

Life is good.