Beginners and Beyond

Ass Draggin' Thursday (Read 34 times)

LRB

Hi,

I fell forward for 6 miles wearing a running jacket on April 19th ffs.

In other not so depressing news, it was daylight when the run began...

Whatever.

onemile

It snowed during part of my run yesterday. And then the rest of the day.

delicate flower

'Morning.  Another swim done this morning, and it was pretty fast as my swims go.  Bike/run workout tonight.

Sitting in an all day meeting today.  At least there is free coffee and danish.

<3

Dragged my ass out for 5. Beautiful weather here - actually starting  to feel like spring.

Dave

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 15 cold and windy miles.  Meh.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

sdWhiskers

Brrrr! In the 50's here! And wind. Lots of wind. 6.7 easy miles that progressively got a little quicker. I only needed my headlamp for the first mile, YES!

I have a HM on Sunday with too much elevation for racing. Looking forward to running "for fun" along some beautiful scenic coastline. Hoping this windy nonsense dissipates by then.

KCRuns

I ran 5 to work.  The sidewalks were icy because it snowed/sleeted all night.  It's stupid to say this in mid-April, but at one point I actually had to hold on to the railing to get down a hill without falling on my ass.  Thankfully that was the worst of it, but I had to be careful the rest of the time to avoid random icy patches and slush.  I slipped a few times, but managed to stay upright.

RunningOnSand

Morning! It's 41* and sunny! Supposed to hit 50* today! (I had to LOL @ Whisker's "brrr" comment at the same temps--it really does depend on how your body has acclimated to the temps!). I've got 4-6 on tap for today, and my quads are sore from yesterday's beating so I'm hoping it'll help work out some of the soreness.

weather 

Speaking of - race day forecast: low 42, high 62, partly cloudy, 10-15mph wind. And it's a 7:00 AM start, so should be pretty much perfect temps. Probably need a LS shirt to wear waiting for the start, and a pair of throwaway gloves for the first few miles. Maybe a little breezier than you'd like, but can't ask for much better. Too bad it will be wasted on my current fitness level. 

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

I am so over this sedentary business.

The sky opened in the middle of the night and it woke me up.  I think I'm still traumatized by Monday.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

From the Internet.

Hello!

Feeling... OK. Maybe even good. I ran a workout yesterday morning (just a little baby one - 4x400 on the track, foot is still holding up!) and did my first bike ON THE ROAD IN MY CLIPPY SHOES in the afternoon and didn't fall over or die. Terrified of the cars and averaged 8.6 mph for the first mile, but once I left the main road and got going it was great. I even remembered that it's fun to go fast down hills!

Today: off from running, pool in the evening. Six more laps than last time and I'm at a mile! I desperately want to get out on my bike again but it might have to wait until the weekend. BOO. Need to get a trainer so I can ride inside when I'm feeling antsy.

LRB

The sky opened in the middle of the night and it woke me up.  I think I'm still traumatized by Monday.

I snorted. Big grin

You should be good for the trainer, yes?

LRB

It snowed during part of my run yesterday. And then the rest of the day.

Thanks for sending some sun for a change. We hadn't seen it in 66 days it seems.

onemile

Thanks for sending some sun for a change. We hadn't seen it in 66 days it seems.

I didn't even notice! I was distracted by the snow!  But yeah, probably last week Thursday was the last sunny day here

LRB

I didn't even notice! I was distracted by the snow!  But yeah, probably last week Thursday was the last sunny day here

Are you going with Addie for the fall? I'll be watching your every move for this bad boy, as it is my dream race!