Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday 5/3 (Read 28 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran another 4 miles under clear skies in the upper 50s.  Things are feeling fine.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

'Sup.

42 degrees at 6:30 am feels wonderful in September after spending weeks in drenched, clingy clothes with sweat flinging off of your elbows. Not so much in May. Brrf.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 8 miles with strides tonight.  Still congested a bit but feeling better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Morning! Planning 3-4 recovery miles later. Definitely sore from yesterday's adventures, but not stiff the way I can get with tough road workouts.

delicate flower

Wednesday up and at 'em!  But I got a rare mid-week sleep-in this morning.  I do have a tempo run today which I could have done this morning, but sleep.  Will run tonight!

<3

Cyberic

Ran 12 with 8 x (5min T w/1min)

I did not run 15. Instead, 10.

Dave

From the Internet.

Taper! Hooray! I missed yesterday due to thunderstorms in the morning and no time/massage in the afternoon. Two days off in a row felt weird as hell and I'm trying not to let it bother me.

12 miles with 3x5 minute pickups in the second half. Nothing major, just keeping some turnover in the routine. Shortish MP tempo planned for Friday (probably something like 10 with 6) and ~16 mile LR on Sunday.

onemile

I did not run 15. Instead, 10.

Docket_Rocket

Ooh, this should be the new gold star...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

'Sup.

42 degrees at 6:30 am feels wonderful in September after spending weeks in drenched, clingy clothes with sweat flinging off of your elbows. Not so much in May. Brrf.

I am rethinking the tank top I planned to wear for my HM. 39 degrees with 13mph wind..... ?

onemile

Ran 12 with 8 x (5min T w/1min)

Tough workout, how'd it feel?

LRB

I am rethinking the tank top I planned to wear for my HM. 39 degrees with 13mph wind..... ?

Wear a long sleeve on top of it during your warm-up, then toss the long sleeve right before heading to the corral. Perfect. 👍

Better than too hot I guess. That's probably long sleeves & gloves weather for me, although for an HM I might regret it later in the race, and might bite the bullet & go with short sleeves. Can you do tank + arm warmers?

Dave

Dave