Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies (Read 19 times)

3 miles in a drizzle, out & back on the last 1.5 miles of the course.

Dave

delicate flower

6.25 miles at 6:43 pace.  It was my tri club's annual Raffle Run.  Get a raffle ticket for prizes for every half mile loop you run.  I lapped everybody at least once, and people were getting bonus tickets for every time I lapped them.    One guy got four extra tickets!  I won an apple pie and a package of Godiva chocolates.  Score!!  I've got 12 miles on my schedule today so I need to get back out there and finish.

Good luck tomorrow, Dave!!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have either 7 or 10 on the TM later.

Good luck, Dave!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

5+3=8. First 5 at Burke lake but right leg stringy things really irritating, so then 40 mins later 3 dirt bumps At accotink to stretch the stringy things.    Now couch and cookies and MacGyver

I won an apple pie and a package of Godiva chocolates. 

Sweet!

Dave

LRB

LRB

I ran 4 at the trail.

Came across two walkers who were smoking (one a cigarette and the other a cigar) and manged to get a throat-full of awful both times! Nothing against smokers personally but I am so glad I got myself out of that nonsense years ago and was able to quit, gag.

sdWhiskers

3 miles in a drizzle, out & back on the last 1.5 miles of the course.

I just saw your 3 miles on Strava and thought Wow, that's a long warm up for a marathon.

Oh, your race is tomorrow 

Half Crazy K 2.0

8.5 very sluggish miles

sdWhiskers

13.1 miles at the lake without RP. He had other things to do, lame!

Lots of miles this week so I actually felt like stopping around Mile 8. Pushed through and the final mile wasn't too bad. Cloud cover for the first 10 miles really helped.

I ran 4 at the trail.

Came across two walkers who were smoking (one a cigarette and the other a cigar) and manged to get a throat-full of awful both times! Nothing against smokers personally but I am so glad I got myself out of that nonsense years ago and was able to quit, gag.

I have plenty against smokers, if they do it near me in public. Or even if they don’t, but give off that smell when they get anywhere close.

Dave

I just saw your 3 miles on Strava and thought Wow, that's a long warm up for a marathon.

Oh, your race is tomorrow 

Does anyone here actually warm up for a marathon? Other than the walk from your car or hotel? That thing is long enough for me.

Dave

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Does anyone here actually warm up for a marathon? Other than the walk from your car or hotel? That thing is long enough for me.

Not anymore, but yes when I could still run sub-3:00 which meant I was starting off at sub-7:00 mile pace.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Cyberic

Not me. I flex my legs and jump up and down a bit a couple of minutes before the start in the starting corral. Getting to the marathon can be a 1 mile walk and that would not bug me, though. But I don't do it thinking it's a warmup.

onemile

I jogged a bit before my last one but that was only so I could make it into the corral before it closed