Beginners and Beyond

Multivitamin (Read 74 times)

lewjeffrey

Does anyone here take a multivitamin?  If so, which one and why?

I have never taken a vitamin. I eat food, which I have been told conveniently contains vitamins.

Dave

Mmmmm...beer

Kirkland children's chewables.  Bought 'em for my son, he doesn't like them, so I've been eating them, they're yummy. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

No vitamins for me.  I get mine from food.  Anything else, I start thinking is just placebo.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Yugo18

No.  I get all my vitamins from food - vegetables and more vegetables, and a "varied diet."

GinnyinPA

Centrum Silver for me.  DH hates most vegetables and won't eat fruit, so we do vitamins to fill in the gaps.

Walk-Jogger

Kirkland children's chewables.  Bought 'em for my son, he doesn't like them, so I've been eating them, they're yummy. Smile

+1

I take these because adult vitamins make my stomach hurt. I also take the almighty vitamin D every day in the winter. Unless I forget . . .

Retired &  Loving It

PADRunner

Nature Made Multi Complete +D3.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

I do.  I take a multi and a D supplement.  Only proof I'll offer that they do anything is that 2 years ago my D was low.  Now my D levels were normal.  (shrug)

Vitamin D is apparently more important than it was a decade ago and according to that supplement spreadsheet (interactive thingamabob) that somebody posted here a few months ago, clinical tests appear to confirm it. (double-shrug)

Randy

Love the Half

I take fish oil as there is just a bunch of evidence to support Omega 3 fatty acids as beneficial for your heart.  Mind you, more recent evidence is suggesting that fish oil supplements are no more effective than placebo and to get the benefit, you need to derive your Omega 3 from food.  Stay tuned.

I take Vitamin D as my doctor told me to do so.

I take a generic Wal-Mart multi simply because I have always done so.  I recognize more recent evidence seeming to indicate that taking a multi is pointless.  Still, at $5 for a big ass bottle, oh well.  I've been taking a multi my entire life and don't reckon I'll stop now - evidence be damned.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

happylily

Vitamin D, or else the sky will fall on my head according to my family doctor...

Multi-vitamin, any brand. Whatever is on sale. That's just because, in case, whatever...

Good food and enough of it (and like Yugo mentioned somewhere else, good healthy food for me includes the fat found in all things dairy and in other natural food).

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

RSX

I don't care what the evidence shows, as we are our own test labs. I take a multi from CVS, fish oil, C, and D via doctors mostly. Should I getting this all from food yes but I know I won't eat well enough.

Nevrgivup

I take vitamin D because my levels are low. That IMO is the best vitamin to take and one that I suggest to my patients. Multivitamins are ok for some individuals, but there have been studies that they don't seem to make a difference. Try and eat a balanced diet instead and save your money.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

delicate flower

I take one every day mainly because I like the bright yellow pee.  I use the Costco house brand (Kirkland).

<3

Zelanie

I take the generic one-a-day women's.  Plus iron, C, and gummy vit D.  I don't think it hurts, so might as well.