Beginners and Beyond

Wake up WednesDAILIES!!! (Read 49 times)

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! Chance of severe thunderstorms later today so my planned 8 miles might just be little loops around my neighborhood. I don't mind running in rain, but I don't mess with lightning.

delicate flower

Morning! Chance of severe thunderstorms later today so my planned 8 miles might just be little loops around my neighborhood.

I've done that.  Smile  I even have a couple of route options.  Sometimes you just can't stray too far from home.

<3

LRB

Supp!

It's 42 and grey here.  For this mornings run I'm thinking black pants, a red singlet, and black arm warmers.

If it can't be hot, at least I can be!  ; )

Note to self: You may wanna actually look outside before you write some stupid shit on the internet.

So um yeah, despite weatherscan showing the contrary, I stepped outside G'd up from the feet up to a f***in torrential downpour!

So in the end, I was hot during today's run alright, running on the treadmill!  

Bawahahahaha!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Note to self: You may wanna actually look outside before you write some stupid shit on the internet.

So um yeah, despite weatherscan showing the contrary, I stepped outside G'd up from the feet up to a f***in torrential downpour!

So in the end, I was hot during today's run alright, running on the treadmill!  

Bawahahahaha!

LOL. Nicely done, champ.

Zelanie

Morning!  Today I attempt a 2 mile run.  Hoping that the hip behaves!

Good luck to everyone braving (or not braving) the elements today!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.4 for me. Now to wait if Scotty guessed correctly on what my tenths would be Smile

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

If people didn't see the house is having a secret shoe sale. Some good discounts. Got my shoes for 10% off. dh's for nearly 45%.

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/catpage-WRSAL13.html?utm_source=mailer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Secret+Shoe+Sale

that goes to the women's.

mens:. http://www.runningwarehouse.com/catpage-MRSAL413.html?utm_source=mailer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Secret+Shoe+Sale   

price reduction shows in cart.

Marjorie

StepbyStep-SH

Wow! Thanks, Marjorie!  It looks like mine are about 30% off, and I have gift cards I bought when they were $20 for $25 in value ... I may not be running the next few days, but I can still buy shoes!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I started my run/walk a little after  4 PM yesterday, and it was ALL hills, except for the very beginning and my last 1/4 mile finishing.  I should have waited until about 6 PM...cuz while I was out there, the San Antonio temp hit 89 degrees, and I sure did feel it!   It did not help, either, that we had storms 'threatening' and the humidity was nearly 90%.  Gaaack, I have to get my 'heat acclimatization' back!   I"ve been doing fairly well these past few weeks in our upper 70s and lower 80s, but this near-90 temp really whacked me a bit since we haven't gotten that high since last summer!  I did a bit more walking than I had planned, but did run all the uphills.  Thankfully, since I was near the Zoo and Trinity University for my chosen route, there were lots of buildings open where I could take advantage of the water fountains - which I did a couple of times, with this darn heat.   I ended up with 3.8 miles at a very slow pace, about 11:20 per mile.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Wake up and smell the coffee is what I did this morning, Kay, and about puked - can't stand the smell of the stuff! - as Gail was brewing up some kind of special blend stuff she got as a gift from a friend.  I got ready for work in a hurry, lol.

Enjoy your laziness, Robert.  You'll probably come back all energized and ready to go.

Did the raccoon run a bit with you, flarunner?  Congrats on your miles today.

Move to San Antonio, LRB.  Then your hawt can be HOT every day!  Big grin

Me too Damaris, lol.  I keep SAYING to myself "I have to do my weight training circuit today"...and then keep procrastinating on doing it....

Sounds like a very busy day for you, Tom!  Good luck!

Send some of that rain my way, Phil!   Wow, I can't imagine doing 35 miles on a bike, my old-man prostate would be killing me after that!  Joking

Bruce and DaveP, I am jealous of your precipitation!  But not that 33-degree temp, though, Bruce.   Good luck with your miles today!

Yesterday the problem in my hamstring migrated up through my hip/glute and all the way to the middle of my back on that side.  Step, this sounds to me like you might be having a bit of a sciatica issue.   Wow, do I ever know about that!  Don't EVER get back problems, do everything you can - exercise, stretching, strengthening, etc - to prevent future back issues!  I did not and now I am paying the price for it.   Anyway, do a web search on sciatica, there are some very good and easy stretches you can do right at home that will help with that, give you some relief.   I thin you are being very smart in your  running planning. Good luck!

Rainy day for you too, Oski?  Dang.  Mother Nature must hate Texas!

I don't blame you, April, about not messing with lightning.  Scary things can happen.  I had a bad experience with it once...and don't care to repeat it!   Good luck with your miles later!

Note to self: You may wanna actually look outside before you write some stupid shit on the internet.  lol, LRB.  Good thing my home and work computers are near a window.

Dang!  Nope, Marjorie, I guessed .5 today.  Good thing I don't gamble anymore, lol.   Congrats on your miles!  As many double digit runs as you do, guess I'll never - SIIIIIGH - get to chase your Great Legs someday at a future FE.  Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

If people didn't see the house is having a secret shoe sale. Some good discounts. Got my shoes for 10% off. dh's for nearly 45%.

I'm on the list.  I got my eye on a really sharp shoe.  Of course, I gotta see how much it is on amazon first 'cuz that's how I roll.

delicate flower

Send some of that rain my way, Phil!   Wow, I can't imagine doing 35 miles on a bike, my old-man prostate would be killing me after that!  Joking

Once I get my cycling legs under me this spring, 35 miles will be a shorter ride.  The ol' undercarriage has gotten used to it, though I can get sore if I am really pushing hard like I was yesterday.

<3

@runjerseygirl

Wow, my Pure Flow's are only $50.  Too bad they don't have them in my size. >Sad

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

I bought a pair last week and I love them.  I have PF 2 and they don't feel the same.

Wow, my Pure Flow's are only $50.  Too bad they don't have them in my size. >Sad

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ric-G

hate when that happens

marathon pr - 3:16