Beginners and Beyond

Wake up WednesDAILIES!!! (Read 49 times)

Ric-G

basya - i'm tired just reading what you've already done

fla & D - no fun with that humidity, sounds really bad sometimes

bruce - good luck with your schedule and getting in your 12

baboon - nice riding

april - i don't mess with lightning either

rick - funny stuff...

marjorie - nice job

scotty - nice job with those hills

srd today. that doesn't mean no coffee though. and some yard work after work today. have a good day all.

marathon pr - 3:16

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

No personals because I'm at work...

but I skipped the gym last night for bar trivia with my girlfriends and WE WON!!! We tied for first with another team, had sudden death overtime tiebreaker round and tied again, then double sudden death and we won! Yay us!

I decided to skip spin class this morning and run instead since I didn't get to run yesterday and hate missing miles, especially for no good reason. 2.5 very slow miles...my legs felt like bricks (first run since my double race weekend so I am not surprised!) but it was already mid 60s at sunrise, so I wore capris and a TANK TOP and wasn't even cold...amazing! Love spring weather finally arriving!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Well the t-storms appeared to be holding off for a bit, so thought I would chance it. Managed to avoid the rain, in fact 10 min after coming inside, the skies opened up. Good timing! Unfortunately it was 39 degrees / feels like 32. I should not be reporting wind chill factors in mid-April!!! Still wearing shorts, dammit.

In any case, ended up with a nice unintentionally even 10k. And I think the pace display on my Garmin is broken, because here were my splits: 8:13, 8:31, 8:32, 8:32, 8:31, 8:32. If I were making this up, I would vary them more. This is highly unusual for me, I am typically all over the map. If I can keep that up for 13.1 on Saturday, I will be in good shape.

Have a great day everyone, stay dry!

Dave

LRB

I'm on the list.  I got my eye on a really sharp shoe.  Of course, I gotta see how much it is on amazon first 'cuz that's how I roll.

Not.  Even.  Close.

Running Warehouse, $107.77 Amazon, $145.00!

@runjerseygirl

Crappy 2 miles today. Sad  I was too sore from yesterday's ridiculous effort.  Should have taken a rest day.  Will rest tomorrow.

Do you even run?

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Not.  Even.  Close.

Running Warehouse, $107.77 Amazon, $145.00!

And the house is usually awesome. So go for it!!!

Marjorie

Ball of Fury

If anyone orders from the sale (thanks Marjorie), I have a discount code that will usually give you additional 15% off...pm me!  Anyone that runs in the Kinvara...I have a question.  when I first tried the Kinvara, they were a bit too narrow in the toe box and I tend to get blisters on my pinkie toe in narrow shoes.  However, I see the Kinvara 3 comes in a wide and is on sale for about $65 so thought I might give it a shot?  Anyone run in the wide?

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

AprilRunner, have a safe run.

Rick, good decision to keep the hotness indoorsWink

Zelanie, I hope that your run is pain-free.

Marjorie, terrific 10.4.

scottydawg, great hilly walk/run yesterday.

Ric-G, enjoy cross-training with the yardwork.

kristin10185, I'm happy that you had a comfortable 2.5-mile run.

DaveP MI, great consistency on your virtual 10K.

Kay, brava on keeping at it for two miles, even though it sucked.

AmiK, I run in the Kinvara 3. With my fat feet (bunions), I find them a lot more comfortable than the 2.

I'm waiting for my new Vibram KSOs (for everyday use) and another pair of Kinvara 3s. They should arrive today or tomorrow.

Does anyone here run in Nike Frees? How flexible are they? While my Altras Instinct 1.5s are super-comfortable, for pavement running, I feel much better wearing something flexible. I have the Saucony Kinvara 3, the Inov8 f-Lite 195, and the Vibram Bikilas for road running. I'm keeping my Saucony Ride 5s and my Altra Intution 1.5s for TM runs because they feel too firm for me for the road.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Thanks for the tip on Running Warehouse shoe sale.  I got a pair of my beloved ASICS Nimbus - about the only shoe that really works for me.

I got this one below...because, as y'all know from my race reports, I wear a variety of matching colors (shirts, socks, headbands,etc) when I do my events and my running, lol.  Gail says I am going through some kind of midlife crisis.  I told her to count her blessings, matching colors running clothes in my old age is better than me (from her viewpoint anyway Big grin) getting a blonde and a motorcycle.

This ONE model will match ALL my stuff, lol.  Think I'll be able to be seen from afar in this?  Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Ball of Fury

Thanks Basya!  I ordered the Kinvara 3, some Wave Rider 15s, and DH a pair of Adrenalines all for $157....score!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I'm so happy people are able to get some good deals. I know I was thrilled to get Dhs shoes as they are never on sale.

Scotty those are great!

Marjorie

Wow, my Pure Flow's are only $50.  Too bad they don't have them in my size. >Sad

Adrenalines for $61!! Of course in every size up to 11, and I need 11.5.

For others who have run in Adrenalines - if I'm looking for a similar shoe in the stability family, but just want to branch out a bit, any suggestions?

Dave

Docket_Rocket

I bought 4 pairs last week.  If I buy anything else, I might have to buy a second house just for running shoes.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everybody. Sorry I've been such a bad forum friend lately. I'm just trying to keep my mind off running so I don't go nuts. I am going to run tonight with the group, just 5 miles. My knee is doing better - I think it's more knee than calf, maybe a little fluid in there. Ive been taking antiinflamatories, and since I don't ever take them they seem to be working. I feel like I'm totally self-sabotaging right now, but I don't know what to do really. I'm even annoying myself, so I hope ya'll aren't too sick of me.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Hip Redux

Hey everybody. Sorry I've been such a bad forum friend lately. I'm just trying to keep my mind off running so I don't go nuts. I am going to run tonight with the group, just 5 miles. My knee is doing better - I think it's more knee than calf, maybe a little fluid in there. Ive been taking antiinflamatories, and since I don't ever take them they seem to be working. I feel like I'm totally self-sabotaging right now, but I don't know what to do really. I'm even annoying myself, so I hope ya'll aren't too sick of me.

I hoep you get back to your normal self soon!   Enjoy your run tonight. Smile