Beginners and Beyond

The DAILIES Sunday Edition (Read 45 times)

LRB

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

LRB

Good morning!  Today's title is an homage to the Sunday paper.

For a million years I read that thing, going through every section, the comics, coupons and what not.  It is a dying breed however nowadays, around these parts anyway.

Bout to head out for something slow and easy, first things first though; coffee.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Just finished 16 with the last 4 fast.  This new Garmin did something weird.  I finished the last fast mile at 9:18mm, yet it shows me as having run that at 12:51, so I have no idea what happened there (and I did stop it, unless I forgot at the end).  Weird thing is that it shows the average pace at 12:51 but the Garmin shows it at 9:19mm.

Anyway, the last 4 were really fast.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Another pain-free run! Felt some twinges but did not develop into anything too bad. 5.28 miles at 8:46 pace.

We still get the paper every day, but Sunday is the only day I actually read it (although not the comics or ads).

And don't dilly-dally with that paper LRB -- hurry up & get out there, it's gonna be a steamy one today.

Have a great day everyone!

Dave

LRB

And don't dilly-dally with that paper LRB -- hurry up & get out there, it's gonna be a steamy one today.

Great, I'm still sittin' here.  Gah!

Docket_Rocket

Forgot to say that I was scared to leave my complex this morning because of the riots, but everything was calmed here.  I know downtown must be a mess right now (according to some videos, there were some riots last night due to the verdict, but I have not confirmed those rumors).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Forgot to say that I was scared to leave my complex this morning because of the riots, but everything was calmed here.  I know downtown must be a mess right now (according to some videos, there were some riots last night due to the verdict, but I have not confirmed those rumors).

Being stranded on the freeway, stuck in a tire shop, then spending the evening at the movies, I completely missed that whole thing!

B-Plus

Riots? Holy shit I should turn on the news.

I'm up way to early for a Sunday, but I'll be running 18 miles. This is the long run distance where shit gets real, imo.

Docket_Rocket

I am sure they were minor ones but still I was not very happy to venture out there at 5am when the verdict was handed down at 10pm last night and people were still raw.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

PRed my 10K! Planned to run it easy...oops! But it was  a tiny race and I didn't want to be DFL!  RR to follow...

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

This is the long run distance where shit gets real, imo.

True dat.  I am avoiding them like the plague this year!  My marathon success or failure will be based of volume of running, not distance of any singular runs.  Physically I can do it, mentally though, I just do not want to train like that anymore.

Speaking of that I got in 8 miles in some really warm stuff.  I originally was going out for 10, but changed my mind as soon as I stepped on the sidewalk!

Despite the heat and high sun, I was able to maintain my pace throughout.  So today was a good day.

LRB

PRed my 10K! Planned to run it easy...oops! But it was  a tiny race and I didn't want to be DFL!  RR to follow...

Word.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning all.  I'm finished with my 18 mile run.  It wasn't easy!  My friend Wendy and I did the first 14, and then I picked up the pace for the last 4 at 7:34, 7:27, 7:32, 7:32.  The miles with her averaged about 8:25.  This afternoon I'm doing a cookout with a few friends to discuss crewing for the Burning River 100 coming up.  The guy whose house we're going to has a lake and I'm looking forward to getting these legs in it!

I put up a RR from yesterday's 5k if you're interested in perusing.

LRB...I should read the comics more often.  Nice work on the 8.  So what is the strategy with your marathon training?  Going about it Hanson style, via Daniels?

Docket...Super job on the 16.  Maybe you got the Garmin stopped right after your Garmin clicked off the last mile, so it was actually giving you the pace of you slowing down to a stop in the next mile?

Dave...Good stuff!  I'm happy that you're back running, as I'm sure you are as well.

BPlus...Good number you're running there today.  Shit's not too real when it's just an easy paced long run, IMO, but once you start throwing other stuff in there they get a little, nay a lot, tricky.

Kristin...BOOM goes the dynamite!  If you haven't seen that clip on you tube, you should watch it, since you're a sports fan you'll get it and it's hysterical.  Congrats on the PR.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Ric-G

D - nice job  on the 16 and fast ones too

dave - continue pain free

rick - checked your 5k, cool experiment

bplus - have a good run

Kristin - congrats on the pr

siar - lake sounds nice

8 @7:40 this AM. heading to desert for quick overnite trip and off tomorrow. have a good one all!

marathon pr - 3:16

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Ric...The desert?  Bring water.  I'm sure that it can be fun, but I just have visions of you sitting in the middle of cracked earth, on a lawn chair, doing absolutely nothing.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn