Beginners and Beyond

Week 9 Penguins are telling tales!! (02/25-03/03) (Read 14 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

It's Tell A Fairy Tale Day, so I will tell you that brownies snuck into my house over the weekend and did a massive clean-up/declutter!!

Yeah, that's not only a fairy tale, it's a tall tale and wishful thinking!!  But I did have an extra quartet rehearsal yesterday, so I did all my laundry on Saturday.  And DH and I strung medals for the upcoming competition, so that's a good thing.  We're probably about halfway done with those.  Still so much to do!!

My sister is getting remarried at the end of June.  She and I don't talk much, so Mom has been keeping me apprised of all the details -- she sent me a pic of the dress, we've talked about decorations, who's in the wedding, what they're wearing, etc.  I thought it was hilarious that my sister called me on Friday to invite me and DH to the wedding.  She told me when it was, who was in it, what they were wearing ... and I never let on that Mom had already told me all that!  Too funny.

Sending good vibes to your DH, Docket!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

Damaris - good luck with the surgery and all the pre-op tests.

HM - at least your sister did let you know what was up. I'm sure she enjoyed sharing the details with you.  I"m glad you kept your mouth shut about already knowing it.

I wish the house cleaning fairies would show up at my house. I actually did have a good fairy help me out once, many many years ago. When I was in Junior High, I took the required Home Ec class, learning the basics of cooking, sewing, etc. I had pieced together a dress, but was having trouble putting in the zipper. One day I came to class and someone had put the zipper in for me. I never knew who did it, but I was definitely grateful.

Today is a rest day, which is good since my legs are stiff and a bit sore after yesterday's 20. I should do some cross-training, but I think I'll let the muscles heal instead.  I'll have to get to the grocery sometime, since the cupboards are bare.

Docket_Rocket

Awesome since I ran the fairy tale challenge at Disney this weekend!

His cath scan started at 1225 and they are still at it.  Maybe this time they will have the vessels burned contrary to last time.

RD.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Entering Hour 5 of his brain surgery and everything looks good so far (not that I'm in there, ha).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

He is done and everything went well.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Glad to hear all went well, Docket!!

Docket_Rocket

Thanks.  I have not slept more than 2 hours a night for the last 6 days.  I'm exhausted.  We are going home tonight, so hoping I can sleep better today. With cats and husband.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Thanks.  I have not slept more than 2 hours a night for the last 6 days.  I'm exhausted.  We are going home tonight, so hoping I can sleep better today. With cats and husband.

The best part of this post!!

GinnyinPA

I'm surprised they're letting him go home so quickly after so many hours in surgery.  How does he feel?

Docket_Rocket

Last time, they removed a tumor three times the size of this piece and we thought he was joking when he said he would send us home the next day after an 11 hour major craniotomy.  This time, we were expecting it.  Amazing how far medicine has gone!

I checked and he ran 2 weeks after surgery, so I'll shoot for that for him this time too.

We are home.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Skipped yoga this morning.  I probably should've done it, because the Awards Coordinator job for regional competition has become an enormous source of tension, frustration, stress, anxiety, unhappiness ... how many other negative words can I come up with?  But I just didn't have yoga in me this morning.

GinnyinPA

HM - you might try the yoga this evening, or go for a walk if the weather is decent.  Both will help with the stress.  I'm planning on some yoga to loosen up my stiff legs.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I am back at work (from home, at least), and work is crazy.  I have Pilates and 10 miles tonight.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Ugh, HopesMom, hope the stress starts dissipating soon.

Damaris

Fundraising Page