Beginners and Beyond

Kiss My Ass FriDAILIES (Read 258 times)

Mmmmm...beer

I just want to say that it's kind of funny sometimes how non-runners react to our runs.  During the holiday breakfast this morning, I mentioned to someone that I ran eight miles this morning ("Ran eight miles!  Have to refuel."), and I got a whole lot of "Oh my gosh!" reactions from people, like running eight miles was some sort of impressive athletic accomplishment.  I guess for the average office person it would be, but for a lot of us runners eight miles is just another day.  I was sort of taken aback by the comments and questions I was getting from people.  I just wanted to get back to my desk.  LOL      

I got that the other day, from a bunch of military folks!  I was working on the USS Bush and one of the guys that I know (who is also a runner), asked me if I had run that day, I said, "Yup, 10 miles this morning", and the whole shop looked at me like I was insane, it was great. lol

Gonna run later, did some present opening this morning before we head to Grandma's this weekend.

Oh, I am officially no longer overweight!  183lbs this morning, the first time I have been within the "normal" weight range since 1994 (when I was 19 and fresh out of boot camp/A school).  Big grin

I'm really glad that the world didn't end, things are going to good for it stop now! Smile 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

@runjerseygirl

I got that the other day, from a bunch of military folks!  I was working on the USS Bush and one of the guys that I know (who is also a runner), asked me if I had run that day, I said, "Yup, 10 miles this morning", and the whole shop looked at me like I was insane, it was great. lol

Gonna run later, did some present opening this morning before we head to Grandma's this weekend.

Oh, I am officially no longer overweight!  183lbs this morning, the first time I have been within the "normal" weight range since 1994 (when I was 19 and fresh out of boot camp/A school).  Big grin

I'm really glad that the world didn't end, things are going to good for it stop now! Smile 

Congratulations!  Big grin

Do you even run?

Nice, D2!  That is a great accomplishment, all the more so because you finished it off during goodie season.  (*I* have managed to pack on 6 pounds over the last month.  Oh, my.)  Congratulations!  

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Docket_Rocket

Congrats, D2!  That is an awesome milestone.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Will run for scenery.

Nice ass pics, but I guess I'm more of a fan of boobies. Anybody have any awesome boobie pics to brighten this darkest of days?

Off for my usual 3.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Nice ass pics, but I guess I'm more of a fan of boobies. Anybody have any awesome boobie pics to brighten this darkest of days?

Off for my usual 3.

I hope you like this nice pair of boobies!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Off for my usual 3.

Freaking BRRRR. I went outside to get my gym bag and realized that if I wore what I brought, I would be severely underdressed. I brought a light LS and compression capris and the windchill is 32*. 23mph winds. Ugh. Guess I'm going to the gym to runch on the ole 'mill. Good thing I discovered Freaks and Geeks on Netflix so I have something to keep me entertained.

Will run for scenery.

I hope you like this nice pair of boobies!

They're just so round and soft. How can anyone NOT love boobies?

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

6 miles done in some blustery, pelty snow for me today. Time to get back to Christmas prepping. Have a good one everyone!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Congrats!!!  That is awesome!!!  

I got 5 in bright and early this morning.  I'm off to the airport for a much needed vacation.  I hear the island calling my name.   Beach running here I come!

Hope everyone has a great end of the world day!!  Smile

Don't believe everything you think. 

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

6 miles done in some blustery, pelty snow for me today.!

And here I was yesterday complaining about my windy run.  Shame on me!   Good job getting out there and getting it done.  Smile

Don't believe everything you think. 

LRB

Hmm, so far we've got a funny ass, a hairy ass, a hard ass, a hot ass and a pretty ass....oh, and a Bad Ass.

Sheeit, we're gettin' more ass than a toilet seat! 

Big grin

@runjerseygirl

3.28 on the hamster wheel. While the treadmill sucked, the gym is considerably warmer than outside, so it was nice to sweat it out again.

Do you even run?

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Hmm, so far we've got a funny ass, a hairy ass, a hard ass, a hot ass and a pretty ass....oh, and a Bad Ass.

Sheeit, we're gettin' more ass than a toilet seat! 

Big grin

You forgot about my boobies....

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks everyone!  Down 87lbs in a year, I'll take it!  I was looking at pictures from last Christmas, and I don't even recognize myself lol. Wife and I need to do a before/after shot, found a pic of us from last Dec, it's unreal.  She's down 123lbs. Smile  

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!