Beginners and Beyond

Thursdailies - Warm! (Read 40 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 30 excellent miles.  It was 52, with a lot of stars and just a little wind.  I liked the shit out of it.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Yes its beginning to warm up out there.

5mi for me this morning. Didn't bother to wear a watch. Fred or Half-crazy , you know what the weathers looking like for Sunday?

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Half Crazy K 2.0

5mi for me this morning. Didn't bother to wear a watch. Fred or Half-crazy , you know what the weathers looking like for Sunday?

Depends where you look. AccuWeather is less windy and low 50s. Weather channel has upper 50s to near 60 with a chance of showers. Wind from the south, 10-20 mph. Not great. The road section before the turnaround may suck if the wind is coming from the south.

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have 14 miles and Pilates.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

5.3 on the AlterG.  I printed out two pace bands right next to each other, so it's one thick band, and it will look very stupid, but oh well.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

5.3 on the AlterG.  I printed out two pace bands right next to each other, so it's one thick band, and it will look very stupid, but oh well.

You'll be running for 26.2 miles, it doesn't get much stupider than that.

bluerun

Super B****

You'll be running for 26.2 miles, it doesn't get much stupider than that.

That's not actually true, since I'm pretty sure I'm doing the run/walk thing I did in Jerusalem, so maybe that's a redeeming factor...

chasing the impossible

LRB

That's not actually true, since I'm pretty sure I'm doing the run/walk thing I did in Jerusalem, so maybe that's a redeeming factor...

lol

I wore a pace band for my first two marathons. At some point during the darkness that begins around the 2 and a half to 3 hour mark, I completely abandoned them.

GinnyinPA

I can barely keep myself to within 10-15 seconds of my goal pace; a pace band with specific times for each mile would really be useless for me. Especially given the conditions (rain and headwind for the several miles), it may just be a matter of trying to hold on to something in my very broad range of acceptable paces.

Bluerun - are you dropping back to a later corral?

bluerun

Super B****

lol

I wore a pace band for my first two marathons. At some point during the darkness that begins around the 2 and a half to 3 hour mark, I completely abandoned them.

I used one for my second and third... the latter worked like a charm.  I'm hoping for a repeat of that.

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

I can barely keep myself to within 10-15 seconds of my goal pace; a pace band with specific times for each mile would really be useless for me. Especially given the conditions (rain and headwind for the several miles), it may just be a matter of trying to hold on to something in my very broad range of acceptable paces.

Bluerun - are you dropping back to a later corral?

No -- my overall pace goal is pretty much the same regardless of whether I run or run/walk, so I don't think it makes sense to do that.

If all else fails, I guess I just need to keep my official average pace under 8:00, and then I at least get a PR...

chasing the impossible

sdWhiskers

Yes its beginning to warm up out there.

There are people that do this...??  Ha

4 easy miles this morning. Legs felt every squat that I did last night. I'm sure I have more DOMS fun to come as the day wears on.

LRB

No -- my overall pace goal is pretty much the same regardless of whether I run or run/walk, so I don't think it makes sense to do that.

If all else fails, I guess I just need to keep my official average pace under 8:00, and then I at least get a PR...

The first 6 miles or so are practically dowhill, so you can basically run your goal pace for that portion without putting out goal pace effort. The trick is to not go too fast during it.

sdWhiskers

You can run/walk 8 min pace for 26.2? Injured or not, you are fast! During my 5K a few weeks ago, I hit a mile PR of 7:50.

bluerun

Super B****

The first 6 miles or so are practically dowhill, so you can basically run your goal pace for that portion without putting out goal pace effort. The trick is to not go too fast during it.

Yes, that's the reason I have two pace bands!  I always choose a very conservative start (because I know I'll probably go out a little faster than what the pace band says).  It seems really counter intuitive to me to use the slower pace band for the first half of the course and switch to the faster one when it gets tougher, but if that turns out to be too ambitious ... I guess it would still be okay, because I'd rather find out at mile 17 that it was a good choice to be conservative rather than wish I had been.

Now I just have to hope that what I'm thinking is conservative actually is.

chasing the impossible