Beginners and Beyond

Houston Sundailies (Read 19 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Starting the thread to announce Emily Sisson just set another American HM record of 1:06:52 finishing second at the Houston HM.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

2.5 workday warmup on sidewalk of modest hill, then roll leg.

delicate flower

Hey man!  I ran 6 easy miles.  That's all for today.

Starting the thread to announce Emily Sisson just set another American HM record of 1:06:52 finishing second at the Houston HM.

That's great but what did George do this morning?

<3

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

That's great but what did George do this morning?

George is still watching the marathon. George does not run in the early morning. He is more civilized and runs late morning or afternoon.

MTA: Finally allowed to run again, but for no more than 15 minutes.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I didn't run yesterday letting my knee not hurt but did an upper body workout. I have 9 later. The high is 41F and it's sunny.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

No clue what the elites did at Houston, but I’ve been tracking two friends there. Both with pretty solid outings considering it’s a warm day.

Dave

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I waddled through 13.1 today. it was a struggle. Every step.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

15 minutes verey easy on the treaddmill plus a cycle/core workout.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

11+ at long run pace (faster than easy, but slower than HM).  Was doing pretty well until my last miles were with the wind at my back and the sun in my face and suddenly rather than 35-feels-like-25, I was baking in the sun.  I didn't get the 12 on the schedule, but I did get my first 40+ week in two months.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

8 miles, kind of sluggish but I blame yesterday’s hilly LR. Finished the week with 62. 

Oh and I finally retired my last pair of Ghost 13s and moved up to the 14. They were fine I guess?

Dave

sdWhiskers

Finished in 2:05. Didn't actually look at my finish time until after I was home and showered  it didn't rain Yay! But was humid, a little warm and windy as we're between 2 crazy storms. I was not too far behind the 2 h pace group in the first half but then we turned around and holy headwind. My effort stayed the same but my pace dropped like a min/mi. Oof. So I basically threw in the towel and enjoyed the coastal view. RP had a similar run. So not the time I wanted but probably the one I deserved.

There was also a marathon and it looped around the HM course. Pretty cool running next to the 3-330 marathoners just cruising (they had they're own lanes).

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Finished in 2:05. Didn't actually look at my finish time until after I was home and showered  it didn't rain Yay! But was humid, a little warm and windy as we're between 2 crazy storms. I was not too far behind the 2 h pace group in the first half but then we turned around and holy headwind. My effort stayed the same but my pace dropped like a min/mi. Oof. So I basically threw in the towel and enjoyed the coastal view. RP had a similar run. So not the time I wanted but probably the one I deserved.

There was also a marathon and it looped around the HM course. Pretty cool running next to the 3-330 marathoners just cruising (they had they're own lanes).

Congrats on the finish.  Headwinds on the back half are killer.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Headwinds on the back half are killer.

Indeed. I remember running a straight out & back HM, and having that hit me in the face at the turnaround. Oof. You don’t necessarily feel a tailwind too much, so you don’t always see the headwind coming. Nice racing under the circumstances!

Dave

BTW, the winner of the F45-49 AG at Houston ran a 2:44! That was 20 min ahead of 2nd and 32 min ahead of 3rd.

Dave

sdWhiskers

I had almost 8 miles of this view. Not too bad.