Beginners and Beyond

Sunday Hobbit Penguins (Read 25 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!) 

PADRunner

8.5 long this morning. Time for second breakfast. Maybe a white chocolate ice cream cone.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Got our 8 mile "LR" in.  Bucks were "fighting" just off the path, so we had to stop to watch.   Don't see that every day in the city.  All moving parts are feeling good, but iced the knees anyway.  Last of the wedding "guests" leaves today.  Yay !!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Well, afternoon!  22 miles in tough weather (heat index above 90-95F and dewpoint at 75DP).  Still, a strong run but I had to adjust for weather.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Beautiful day here - breezy, sunny and 64 degrees.  I'm hoping to do a couple of miles at the park while DH gives Ben a second walk.

PADRunner - ice cream sounds like a good idea for second breakfast.  Good job on the 8.5.

Jerry - those are some long staying guests.  Whatever happened to the three day rule?  Good job on the 8 though.  We have deer in our neighborhood too, but I rarely see bucks.

Damaris - 18 in those conditions - wow.  I don't envy you. You know, even northern Florida would be better than where you are now.  Since you have problems with leaving the state right now, why not go to a cooler part of the state?

PADRunner

Morning!  Well, afternoon!  22 miles in tough weather (heat index above 90-95F and dewpoint at 75DP).  Still, a strong run but I had to adjust for weather.

Just think of the shape you'll be in for badwater! Minus the humidity.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

CM will be a walk in the park for you, Damaris.

Docket_Rocket

Ginny, not sure I want to move with the rednecks either, ha.  It was 22 miles! (not that I cared but 18 didn't sound too bad ass, LOL).

PAD, I always say I'm training for Badwater.  Some of our stuff has to be worse since the humidity here is so bad.

Jerry, we'll see!  One thing I have learned is that your training can be awesome and then you're fucked during the race.

I napped for an hour, I think.  Lost track of time after I imbibed some Chinese food.  Nom nom.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

tracilynn

I did 8 miles this morning. Perfect Fallish day Cool about to pig out now. Have a good Sunday everyone

~~~~~~~

Traci

Zelanie

Morning!  It looks and feels like fall outside with temps in the 50s, wind, and some rain.  Weren't we all just complaining about heat?  Anyway, I need to get the dogs out and run today.  I'm sure I can manage, but haven't found the motivation just yet.  It's the wind that I'm really not looking forward to.  I already busted out the mittens for Friday's LR, hehe!

PAD- Sounds delicious!

Jerry- What a cool sight!  The most I see on my LR is occasional Llama drama.  Was the last wedding guest a pet, or did you really have houseguests this whole time?

D- Fantastic distance!

Ginny- Enjoy the lovely day!

Traci- Nice run!  Your DD looked beautiful in her homecoming picture, BTW!  I forget, how old is she?

Docket_Rocket

Beautiful day here - breezy, sunny and 64 degrees.  I'm hoping to do a couple of miles at the park while DH gives Ben a second walk.

PADRunner - ice cream sounds like a good idea for second breakfast.  Good job on the 8.5.

Jerry - those are some long staying guests.  Whatever happened to the three day rule?  Good job on the 8 though.  We have deer in our neighborhood too, but I rarely see bucks.

Damaris - 18 in those conditions - wow.  I don't envy you. You know, even northern Florida would be better than where you are now.  Since you have problems with leaving the state right now, why not go to a cooler part of the state?

The weather sounds lovely!

Jerry, having the guests leave must feel good.

PAD, white chocolate ice cream?  I want!

Traci, nice job on the mileage buildup.  I"m glad to hear that the shins appear not to be an issue.

Mel, I want your temps too.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Actually, the houseguest was DD2's friend that she met on her European adventure.  He stayed with us part of the time.  And he was very nice. Now on his way back to Australia.

SheCan

Afternoon friends!

PAD-- mmmmMmMmm-- you must eat like me.  Hope you got that icecream cone.  Good job on the miles!

Jerry-- great job to you also on your miles!

Docket-- Yikes @ that run.  You're one tough lady for sure.

Ginny-- how nice the weather sounds there.  Enjoy your run in the almost autumn weather.

tracilynn-- awesome run, you!

zelanie--- nooo, not fair, you can't be talking mittens when some of us are still having temps in the 90s!  Okay, to be fair, I've stopped running in it for now.  I really hope you are enjoying your fall.

Still not running.  Undecided  Hope you all don't mind me still poking my head in though I haven't had any running news for a bit.  *Hugs* for everyone though!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

I did a nice easy six this morning at a 9:10 pace. After my 18 yesterday, I now have a sore right Achilles' tendon. Ice and rest are in order. We just got back from younger DD's XC meet. She ran the 3k in 13:50. Not bad for just one running practice! We also saw some of these cool ducks.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon friends!

PAD-- mmmmMmMmm-- you must eat like me.  Hope you got that icecream cone.  Good job on the miles!

Jerry-- great job to you also on your miles!

Docket-- Yikes @ that run.  You're one tough lady for sure.

Ginny-- how nice the weather sounds there.  Enjoy your run in the almost autumn weather.

tracilynn-- awesome run, you!

zelanie--- nooo, not fair, you can't be talking mittens when some of us are still having temps in the 90s!  Okay, to be fair, I've stopped running in it for now.  I really hope you are enjoying your fall.

Still not running.  Undecided  Hope you all don't mind me still poking my head in though I haven't had any running news for a bit.  *Hugs* for everyone though!

Hey, even if you're not running, you should stay here, silly!  Hope you feel better and go back to running again.

Damaris

Fundraising Page