Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES! (Read 38 times)

LRB

Yo.

I am heading out for a run. It is 51 degrees.

LRB

What's the story behind this? 

An RA screen name change was in order due to his recent move. The great northwest is known for its fish industry (among other things). I am young at heart 12 years old.

Cyberic

The Hansons' plan is working. I mean the cumulative fatigue part. Hopefully the results will show up on the big day.

Got 7 on the plan, but I might make it 6 and make tomorrow's 8 into a 9.

Have a nice day everyone.

Docket_Rocket

Morning. I have Pilates and 7 tonight.

I am still laughing at Lily's comment last night telling Andrea to find an accountant for the business pronto.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

6 with the group this morning; planning on a pilates class this evening, with possibly a couple of miles before that with DS.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

My legs were heavy and my hips were tight.

#runnerproblems

delicate flower

Today is Friday, now ACT LIKE IT.  

I've got 40 minutes easy to do later today.  My legs are a lil achy from last night's hill repeats.

So this morning I drove past a MARATHON that was going on!  I had forgotten that was happening today...some seven New England marathons in seven days thing (even though there are only six New England states and they included New York which is not New England but whatevs).  Maybe 100 participants.  The got a one mile stretch on the rail trail and run laps to hit 26.2 miles.  A marathon for both body and mind!

<3

Docket_Rocket

A lot of Maniacs are doing those, Baboon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

Today is Friday, now ACT LIKE IT.  

I've got 40 minutes easy to do later today.  My legs are a lil achy from last night's hill repeats.

So this morning I drove past a MARATHON that was going on!  I had forgotten that was happening today...some seven New England marathons in seven days thing (even though there are only six New England states and they included New York which is not New England but whatevs).  Maybe 100 participants.  The got a one mile stretch on the rail trail and run laps to hit 26.2 miles.  A marathon for both body and mind!

Some friends of mine did one of those that was near here this spring (the day after than ran a 50k - crazies, I tell ya!). They said these series are super well-organized and travel with a on-site chef, great food, really cater to the runners. The series here was something like Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa and Minnesota - that involves quite a bit of driving to get those. I could see doing it sometime, though, to pick up states. That is, if I ever have that kind of free time and disposable income.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

cjones1

The got a one mile stretch on the rail trail and run laps to hit 26.2 miles.  A marathon for both body and mind!

Gaaaahhh!  That sounds almost as bad as running it on a 400m track.

7 easy this morning.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

happylily

Morning!

I have 7-8 tonight. And I had a toast with cottage cheese on it this morning. Yes I know it's weird... I thought I'd mention the toast in case you guys want to start a conversation on that, today. I felt left out with the oatmeal, yesterday. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

bluerun

Super B****

Morning!

I have 7-8 tonight. And I had a toast with cottage cheese on it this morning. Yes I know it's weird... I thought I'd mention the toast in case you guys want to start a conversation on that, today. I felt left out with the oatmeal, yesterday. 

I'll skip conversing about toast, but I will say that cottage cheese is a food I really, really, really tried to like and I just couldn't do it.

8.75 (AlterG).  Anyone want to loan me a left ankle?  I'm pretty frustrated with mine.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

I thought I'd mention the toast 

I prefer wheat toast.  Actually, I prefer a bagel.  But if said bread product is part of a larger meal, I'll go with toast.  Bagel can be a meal itself, or at least hold you over until your next meal.  Really though French toast is the way to go.  With 100% pure maple syrup.  Get that grocery store corn syrup crap away from me.

<3

LRB

With its whey and casein protein properties, cottage cheese is perfect for muscle repair and recovery, especially right before bed.

All you really need is a half cup of the stuff per day.

If there is anything better in that regard, I have not seen it.

Cyberic

I thought I'd mention the toast in case you guys want to start a conversation on that, today

Oh boy!

I'll have 6-8 pages of comments on different flavors of jams vs peanut butter, or sliced banana to read by the next time I log on to the dailies.