Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES - are you up for it? (Read 32 times)

Cyberic

Run commute day. Very mild temperature, perfect for running.

Docket_Rocket

I'm definitely not up for it.  I have 10 tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I wanted to run 8 today but didn't leave with enough time so I decided on 7. Then I got out there and ran 8 anyway. 👍

Cyberic

I wanted to run 8 today but didn't leave with enough time so I decided on 7. Then I got out there and ran 8 anyway. 👍

lol

Docket_Rocket

Hubby sent me this just now.  Apparently, someone is not happy I'm not there and does not know when he needs to wake up and get off the bed.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My sleep was interrupted by two phone calls from our Sonitrol Security people, first one was at 1:30 AM for the shop about motion detection and then again just before 5 AM for our home because the internet dropped and the security panel notified them. So I didn't get up this morning to work out.

On a happy note, I woke up with no stiffness or soreness in my leg.... normally for the past month or so, the day after I run something like 4-10 miles I wake up sore and stiff, I'm going to say the compression sleeve does help. Gives me hope.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Damn, I don't know if I want to change to the 10K anymore. Some local runners are trying to convince me that it would be a better marathon prep if I ran the half at ~95% effort than running the 10K at 100% effort.

1- Are they right? I dunno, but it kinda makes sense

2- Could I do it? Probably, but it would require a big mental effort to hold back, especially if everything is going well

3- What happens if I end up pushing too much? I'll spend my taper recovering from the HM instead of "correctly" tapering.

Can't make up my mind.

onemile

Damn, I don't know if I want to change to the 10K anymore. Some local runners are trying to convince me that it would be a better marathon prep if I ran the half at ~95% effort than running the 10K at 100% effort.

1- Are they right? I dunno, but it kinda makes sense

2- Could I do it? Probably, but it would require a big mental effort to hold back, especially if everything is going well

3- What happens if I end up pushing too much? I'll spend my taper recovering from the HM instead of "correctly" tapering.

Can't make up my mind.

You are not going to run it at 95% effort. Run the 10k. That will be a damn good workout and there is no doubt you will be recovered for your marathon.

10 miles.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Cyber, I would run then 10K.  You could be recovered for the marathon but not enough and if the marathon is your goal race, don't risk it.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Funny how you guys don't have the same opinion as people around here. But you guys know me better, running wise, than they do.

I would ask hired coach from last year, but I feel bad asking, as I'm not paying him anymore for coaching services. He knows me pretty well as a runner, and has tons of experience running and coaching.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 4 slothful miles this morning.  I got in about midnight, and slept about 4 hours.  I'm really looking forward to getting home.  Work is such an inconvenience.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

onemile

I would ask hired coach from last year, but I feel bad asking, as I'm not paying him anymore for coaching services. He knows me pretty well as a runner, and has tons of experience running and coaching.

You don't listen to his advice anyway 

You don't listen to his advice anyway 

FYP.

Dave

onemile