Beginners and Beyond

Soggy Sunday Penguins (Read 29 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Nice work Jimmy.  Happy workouts.

Ya it was pretty easy. First time working out on it today and all I can say  is wow. The handles are from my bow flex and they worked out really well. Other wise you cabundled your own or buy some from Walmart for like 10 bucks a piece.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Uphill at 9:07  ???   I am speechless !!!

Haven't left yet, so I'll post my splits.  They are pretty revealing...

1- 8:47

2- 8:49

3- 8:41

4- 8:45

5- 8:53

6- 8:34

7- 8:37

8- 9:07 (whole mile was uphill)

9- 8:42

10- 8:53

11- 9:01

12- 9:21

13- 9:22

0.7- 8:13 pace

Zelanie

Jerry, it probably wouldn't even count as a hill compared to your race.  Not steep at all, but steady and unending for the whole mile.  Guys around me were joking on who would be the one to surge the hill.  And nobody did.

I wanted to leave a shout out to JDrumm if he checks in here today.  I stalked his results, and it looks like he beat his goal today!  I saw him briefly at packed pickup yesterday, but unfortunately he showed up at the busiest time so we didn't get much of a chance to talk, then I didn't see him today.  It started raining post-race, and I had left my dry clothes in the car rather than in bag check, and so I was freezing and didn't really hang around too long.

Yesterday he mentioned he'd had some calf issues and was just hoping to finish.  Looks like he ROCKED it! Smile

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Had a wonderful day with P3.  She says thank you to all that wished her a happy birthday.  We skipped running, and went for an amazing bike ride.  I fixed her breakfast before church, and grilled up some delicious chicken for salads later.  We're in the middle of a movie right now, but her parents called.  So, I thought I'd check in.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Mmmmm...beer

Outstanding job Mel!!  Sub-2 on your first is awesome! Smile

Rest day for me, did a ton of yard work and decided to just chill afterwards.  I did go for a 5 mile walk earlier tho, so that counts as recovery. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

Hello penguins!!

Today was hubby's birthday and we went a beautiful day together down in Pittsburgh for the Pirate game! We got there early and walked down the riverwalk a little bit!!

It was a glorious day!

Congratulations zelanie, on your first HM!! Great time!

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Zel: NAILED IT!!!!!  Way to go! I hope you get a RR this week.  That is a great race, Zel. I am happy for you. Smile

One Half So Far

Hi folks.  As Zel mentioned, I was in the same race she was.  And it was my first half as well.  Was hoping for sub-2, but I missed ten days of training because of a calf issue.

Finished in 2:03:23. First time I ever ran farther than 10 miles.

Here are my splits, if anyone is interested:

1: 9:16.  Ran the first half mile in 9:30, so must have done the second half sub-9.  Was feeling good.

2: 8:51.  Only sub-9 of the day.  My brain was telling my legs to slow down.  They listened.

3: 9:16

4: 9:21

5: 9:27.  There was a hill during this mile. At this point my time was 46:11.  That's faster than my 5 mile race PR.  Need to run another one of those soon.

6: 9:13

7: 9:03. The Gu from mile 4 started to kick in, and I knew mile 8 was going to be all uphill.

8: 9:40. Slowest mile of the day.

9: 9:05  Was almost all downhill.

10: 9:08 In retrospect, this was probably too fast.

11: 9:24

12: 9:21 Got my first view of the stadium where the finish was.

13: 9:29 Not feeling good.  3 miles farther than I'd ever run, and was feeling it.

13.3: 10:25 and I dead sprinted the last 100 meters.  Got caught by three people in the last quarter mile, and was NOT going to let it be 4. Almost ran down one of the three that passed me.

So 2:03:23, which is 2 minutes under what I was hoping under the circumstances.

Will have to do this again, maybe in July.

~Jeff~

PR: 5K 26:34 (Would have been faster if I hadn't had to tie my shoe), 5M: 43:10, 10K: 54:51. First HM 4/14/13 2:03:23

6/1: Moonlight 5M, Springfield 43:10

7/4 Butte to Butte 10K, Eugene

7/21 Run in the Country HM, Coburg

Another HM sometime in October or November.  Several to choose from.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats Jeff.  Unbelievable time for running 3 miles farther than ever before.  Looks like a sub 2:00 is in your future, like July.  Smile