Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES = You Had Me at 'Let's Run' (Read 247 times)

Weezer88

SmileWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD! Smile

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up and stay awhile (not literally)! And whoever’s up first is welcome to start the thread (and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

I AM WEEZER.

Weezer88

Evil  Feeling a little devilish today which may help since the temps dropped once again into the mid 20's - Brrrrrrrr - but it's still not tight weather yet

Have a GREAT Tuesday everyone!

I AM WEEZER.

Good morning! Brrr, indeed, Weezer. 20s isn't tight weather?
          I'm on my way to the gym. The plan is weights and thirty minutes of cardio. Have a great day!
          hog4life

Good morning! Brrr, indeed, Weezer. 20s isn't tight weather?

+1, what temp do you use the tights David?

I got an easy 30-45 minutes today so maybe 4-5 miles.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, David, Mitch, & Basya! Morning, Dalies!

Just got home from work, and I'm heading for bed. Actually, I'm in bed. I'll get a good run in this afternoon. Looking at 5 with intervals today.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Samurai in Training

I had no plans on running this morning.  I just got up and did. 

@runjerseygirl

Rest day for me.  Getting ready for race day.  Plus, I have a conference all morning (Remember my review I told you all about?  This is the conference I was approved to go to.), so a lunch run would be out of the question anyway.  Back at it tomorrow though!  My legs are already feeling restless at that thought, LOL!

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  My run went well last night.  Surprised that no light turned red while I was running.  I usually pass by 7 stop lights and at least half of them make me wait.  But not last night.  It was in the 80s with 75 dewpoint last night.  I was like WTF?  It's December!

Anyway, another run tonight.  The whole week is hot and humid, grrrrrrr.

Weezer, you devil, you!

Have a nice day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

IT BE TUESDAY!  Happy Tuesday!  10 miles on the treadmill for me last night.  9:04 pace...real easy effort.  I was planning 9 miles, but I felt good so I threw an extra mile in.  I easily could have run a few more miles.  It was just one of those days where the treadmill was mentally easy.  It was also my first run in my new shoes (same model, new pair).  I'm trying to run without the green Superfeet inserts.  Since I've started running, I've always used those.  The wear pattern on my last pair of shoes though indicate too much arch support (looks like someone took a belt sander to the outside heel), so we'll see what ditching the inserts does.  The shoes felt fine yesterday...cushy new shoe goodness.

IT'S THAT A GREAT STORY?

BTW, DW loves me and is a running enabler.  She bought me a sweet pair of Brooks thermal pants and some knuckle lights.  KNUCKLE.  Now I just need some cold weather to wear the pants in.  And thanks to RMTB for the assist.  Big grin 

<3

StepbyStep-SH

I'm with the rest of the normal runners, David - 20s sounds like tights weather to me! (Now, define "normal" runner!)

It's 19*, feels like 8*, here this morning, so definitely tights for my run. 7ish miles in the snow, then a strength training class - I think. I have a muscle in my shoulder/neck that is sore. It has been bugging me for about a week, then yesterday I slipped a bit and wrenched it again when I threw my arms out to catch my balance.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Mmmmm...beer

20s and still wearing shorts?  Not me!  I'm a tights, long sleeves, hat and gloves wearing fool when it's below 30. 

8 miles @ 8:08/mile done, feeling really good, pretty much fully recovered from Saturday's bout of temporary insanity. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Ball of Fury

Morning everyone!

Wheezer:  I was just happy to see you in long sleeves!  Does waving to someone on your run count as a FE?

Basya:  Enjoy your gym time...I need to do more weights!

Hog:  Nice 4-5 mile run.  I sometimes wish I could just run and not worry about my distance or pace....I am a slave to the Garmin/I-phone app!

Tom:  Enjoy your rest day!

Eddie:  Great run!

Kay:  Enjoy your rest day as well.  What race do you have coming up?

Damaris:  Glad you had a good run but good lord...80 degrees is ridiculous!

Baboon:  Nice TM run...I can't get past 6 miles on the damn thing!  I love that new shoe feel.

Step:  And I thought it was cold here!  Hope you enjoy your snowy run and that your neck feels better.

Dto2nd:  Wow, that's a nice run and a very quick recovery from your craziness!

Me, myself, and I:  Easy 6 this morning @ 945/mile.  And yes, I wore Nike thermal tights, UA cold gear base layer shirt, and another layer on top!  Add the hat and gloves and I was pretty comfortable.  Lots of little aches and pains this morning but nothing terrible.  Have a great day everyone!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Nevrgivup

Taking rest days after taking 7 weeks of rest days is difficult. Boo. I'll be back at it tomorrow. Big grin

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Weights and forty-five minutes on the ArcTrainer are done!