Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 53 times)

LRB

Good morning Crew.

There is not much in the way of fitness going on for me today as I am on a Mon-Wed-Fri schedule with that stupid Alter G this week. I do have a follow up with my primary doc at 10:45 for a refill on my 'script, which I have to fit in between a busy morning at work.

What's up with you today?

happylily

Morning, LRB! Any improvement? How about cycling in between the Alter G.? Would you be allowed that?

I'm going on a city tour of Boston this morning. They predict sunny weather and up to 66F, little wind and no rain. It's almost comical... Anyway, I guess it's time to bring out the summer dress. Of course, I will cover it with my canary yellow race shirt and end up looking very unfashionable...lol... I'm returning tomorrow, so another long bus ride, and then I'll be leaving for Europe. So if you don't hear from me for a while, it's not that I'm dead, don't worry.

Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Morning, LRB! Any improvement? How about cycling in between the Alter G.? Would you be allowed that?

Being that I only missed 8 days before beginning the regiment on the AG, I did not see biking as necessary. If this were to drag on longer though I certainly would have mounted up.

The swelling is about 90% gone. I have not pulled the trigger on the MRI because I am not convinced the two issues are related. Though it remains an option, I am proceeding with the thought that the stress fractures were an existing issue, non-issue. Time will tell...

Enjoy your well deserved day of sun!

Little Blue

Good morning!  Chiro this morning, more work on this whiney back.  Then off to work.  Probably mowing grass today.  70 degrees and sunshine.  If I have to work, not a bad gig!

Have a good day!

delicate flower

Have a great day, everyone!

Lily, congrats on another BQ yesterday!!  Enjoy your time in Boston and abroad.  Smile  Yeah, it's going to be a beautiful day in Boston today.

'Morning, kids!  This morning's planned swim turned into an unplanned extra 90 minutes of sleep.  Speaking of marathon weather, the forecast for my Sunday race is looking gorgeous.  I haven't run a race in good weather since my last marathon.  I actually had to check my log.  Five months of shitty race weather!  

<3

Good morning, everyone.

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. I hope that you have a great day and that you heal quickly.

Lily, enjoy your day around my citySmile Congratulations on BQing!

Little Blue, I hope that your appointment at the chiropractor's goes well.

Phil, yay for sleep and pleasant weather!

When I awoke this morning, there was thunder, lightning, and torrential rain. So, I went to the gym. 7.0 miles in 1:03:29. 9:04 pace.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Pilates class and 6-7 miles tonight, most likely on the TM because the air is filled with smoke everywhere.  I hope I don't need my breathing machine tonight.

LRB, I would do the MRI (unless very costly) just to be sure.  Good luck!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

Morning everyone!

Enjoy the city tour Lily!

I set my alarm for 5:50 this morning but thunder and lightning woke me up at 4. Went back to sleep, will do a lunchtime run today instead. Boss is gone and today's experiment has a long incubation time in the middle, so I'll pop into the gym for a quick strength workout right after the run.

WHERE IS DOCKET? MTA: Apparently I started my post just before you posted, haha. I have heard a rumor that Mizuno is bringing back the Elixir this fall - you were another Elixir fan, correct? I will be super happy if this is true!!

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all!

I was woken up by a strange power outage this morning (my alarm clock was "stammering" and some lights in the house were dim or flickering before they finally went out). Since I had planned to be up about then, anyway, I started my walk around the neighborhood in eerie darkness with no street lights, no porch lights, etc. I walked for just over an hour - 3.9 miles. PT in about an hour.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats to all our Boston folks!

Did my weight training circuit after work yesterday.  Have been a slouch in that area for the past 3 weeks, so it was tough getting back into it.  The few muscles that I have seemed to protest somewhat, some were spasm-ing a bit after I finished, lol.  Good workout, though, and then after the weights I did 5 minutes on the rowing machine.  5 minutes was about all I could handle for now, that thing really kicks my butt!  Have to build my stamina back up on that too.    Some easy miles after work today.  Nice and sunny here and will be near 80 for my runtime.

Enjoy the tour, Lily.  Wow, lots of traveling for you!  Stay safe!

LRB, what is Alter G?  Is that the alter between Alter F and Alter H?  Well, I hope whatever you are dealing with is going well...and you don't suffer any Alter Ego effects...

Sorry about the whiney back, Little Blue, I feel ya...my back is giving me signals it's time once again for my spinal arthritis injections, yeah, fun stuff...been procrastinating on it, but I think I better get it done if I want to stay functional.  Good luck with the grass mowing - altho you might think about passing on that till your back stops whining.

Yay for good weather for your upcoming race, Baboon!

Congrats on your miles, Basya.  Thunder, lightning, yuk, I'm with ya there, don't like running outside when there is lightning.

Filled with smoke?  Is Miami on fire, Damaris?   Good luck with your miles and hope your lungs behave.

Good luck with the experiment, Lauren, and the lunch-time workout.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Morning, all!

I was woken up by a strange power outage this morning (my alarm clock was "stammering" and some lights in the house were dim or flickering before they finally went out). Since I had planned to be up about then, anyway, I started my walk around the neighborhood in eerie darkness with no street lights, no porch lights, etc. I walked for just over an hour - 3.9 miles. PT in about an hour.

There is nothing wrong with your neighborhood. Do not attempt to adjust anything. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it lighter we will bring up the lights. If we wish to make it softer, we will dim them. We will control the power. We will control the location. We can roll the clouds. We can change what you see to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, walk quietly and we will control all that you see and hear.  You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to – The Outer Limits.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

cjones1

Good morning!  4m with 2 around HMP.

Am I the only one that has an unusually hard time focusing on real life the week of a goal race?  Sheesh!  I'm driving myself crazy checking the weather, deciding what and how much to eat and drink all week, checking the weather again, wondering if I tapered correctly (the answer to that is no BTW), wondering if every cough or sneeze is the plague coming on, and then checking the weather. Smile  All the while trying to get ahead at work so I can leave early Friday to get to the expo and packet pickup before it closes. 

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

Am I the only one that has an unusually hard time focusing on real life the week of a goal race?  Sheesh! 

What is this real life you speak of? lol

Zelanie

Tired last night, so I didn't run.  So, 8-10 on tap for me tonight!

Hip Redux

First day in a week I brought my gym bag to work with me!  If all goes well, this won't be an URD.