Beginners and Beyond

Work Release FriDAILIES (Read 46 times)

LRB

'Sup.

I have a busy weekend on tap but up first I must serve The Man for 8 hours before freedom rings.

What's up with you?

Mornin'

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. Will you run?

Yesterday, before work, I did 7.1 miles in 1:03:18 (8:55 pace). After work, I did an hour on the AMT.

This morning, I did 7.1 miles in 1:04:05. 9:02 pace. I'll do weights after work.

I feel strange. Since the wake and the funeral, I feel more at peace. (Returning to work and spending time with my little comedians is helping.) Seeing my dad in his coffin helped me begin to accept his passing. After he died, but before the wake, I wondered if I were imagining things. He went so peacefully and quietly, I wondered if he had actually died. (Unfortunately, I've been with people in their final moments more that a few times.)

cjones1

Mornin'

Yesterday, before work, I did 7.1 miles in 1:03:18 (8:55 pace). After work, I did an hour on the AMT.

This morning, I did 7.1 miles in 1:04:05. 9:02 pace. I'll do weights after work.

I feel strange. Since the wake and the funeral, I feel more at peace. (Returning to work and spending time with my little comedians is helping.) Seeing my dad in his coffin helped me begin to accept his passing. After he died, but before the wake, I wondered if I were imagining things. He went so peacefully and quietly, I wondered if he had actually died. (Unfortunately, I've been with people in their final moments more that a few times.)

Basya, I know exactly how you feel.  Several years ago, when I heard the news of my father's passing I remember feeling like I was in a dream until I walked into the trauma room at the ER and saw him laying there.  Then you have an oh shit moment, and realize yep, this is for real.  I pretty much was in a fog for the next week before I went back to work and things got somewhat back to normal.  Time does help.

On a lighter note, I ran 5.5 miles this morning.  Contemplating my first track workout of the season tomorrow morning.  I have less than 24 hours to change my mind. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Plan on 8 miles or so after work. This week has really dragged. Its beautiful today and then heat and humidity returns for my 5k on Sunday.

Zelanie

Basya- Glad that you are finding some peace.

LRB- Morning!

cjones- Do it!  Then report back. Smile

HalfCrazy- That's how the weather always works, yes!

I am only following a marathon plan for 5 days, and I'm already changing it! Wink  Hansons would have me running 6 tonight.  I'm thinking something more in the 0-4 range.  Last night I ran to running club and back at "ridiculously easy" pace, as Phil would say.  I'm feeling good about what number that turned out to be.

delicate flower

Hello if I don't mind saying so myself!

<3

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Quincy and Hammy's brother got here last night.  They are still getting used to each other.  Hammy more accepting than Quincy at this point but today, at least, Quincy isn't barking at the poor pup.  Puppy slept all night too only getting up once wanting some water.  He goes to the vet this evening for his check up and to get established with out doctor.

Ran 4.2 this am.  I'll post a pic in a moment.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Meet Rockefeller.  Quincy and Hammy's new brother.  He is a  Basset mix (mom basset but they don't know the dad).  Got him from the Basset rescue, same one we got Quincy and Hammy from.  He is 14 weeks old.  He is hanging out in the puppy play pen while I work.  Right now he is passed out.  This was around 7 this am.

Marjorie

From the Internet.

MarjorieAnn - congrats on the new pup, he's adorable!

REST DAY. I feel squishy and restless D:

7 miles easy in a brand new pair of Adrenalines. A half size bigger than my previous 6 pairs, because with the GTS15 they decided to change the way they fit. WTF??

Dave

YugoAgain

Hi, Dailies.

I ran 5 miles last night after work.  It was, luckily, overcast and the sun wasn't beating down oppressively.

Incredibly happy it's Friday.  This week went to incredibly fast.

LRB

No, I wanted to do a strength workout but overslept while dreaming I ran a 1:14 half marathon. It seemed so real that all I could think about was posting it in the dailies. I was ordering some kind of yummy post-race goodies when I woke up but cannot remember what it was for the life of me.

Wishing you all the best!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Mornin'

My father went suddenly but not unexpected as a result no-one save for my mother was around.  He donated his body, so unfortunately there was no visual cues for closure.

When I visit mom, I go out the the shop where I learned with dad and boy do the memories flood back.  It has been 13 months and I still get into (and probably always will) melancholy states, especially after I visit.

I still eerily expect to see him or go kiss him goodnight. (yes we are an affectionate family - and I had many of embarrassing moments at the front of the Highschool being dropped off!)

Ack...  It does feel strange.

Less serious!

I'm pooped from yesterdays track and the weeks workouts...   Rest DAY!!!  wow... it has been awhile since I have said that.

LRB

7 miles easy in a brand new pair of Adrenalines. A half size bigger than my previous 6 pairs, because with the GTS15 they decided to change the way they fit. WTF??

That happened to me way back when with the Lunarglide 3, a shoe I ran 2 marathons in. The change in the LG 4 was so drastic that it screwed up my ankle!

LRB

Quincy and Hammy's brother got here last night. 

That is one cool looking dude. I cannot wait to see the three of them together...if Quincy allows it that is. lol