Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins could use some coffee!! (Read 23 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

It's National Coffee Day, and also National Mocha Day.  Plus I was up late last night with chorus rehearsal, so coffee sounds like a good thing!!  Duck Donuts is giving away free coffee today, but I'm too lazy to go that far out of my way.

But I do make myself a mocha latte on Saturday mornings, so I will celebrate Mocha Day tomorrow!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I got mine, did you get yours?

I have Pilates and the 4 miles I didn't run yesterday.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

I had my usual 4 cups of coffee.  No mocha for me.  I like lattes but only splurge on one once a year or so.

I'm not sure whether we're going for a hike later or I'm going for a run. It's a beautiful day to be outside and I'd like Jim and Ben to get a chance to enjoy it too.

not lazy, just tired

Gonna stop lurking now  No running for me today, but did walk the dog.

I definitely like my coffee, but, oddly, I've never had a mocha. Planning to go to Whole Foods later today, maybe I'll let loose and try one!

Not if it makes sense.

Singer who runs a smidge

Most of the coffee shop mochas I've had are WAY too sweet for me, which is saying something.  That's why I like my homemade stuff, I can control the sweetness level.

Welcome, Stupid!! 

not lazy, just tired

Thanks HopesMom! Well, back from Whole Foods... just had plain old black coffee, didn't cut loose after all.

Not if it makes sense.

I'm a 3-cup girl every weekday a.m. before 6:15.  Couldn't get thru the day w/out it.  A little south of 4 miles this p.m. when I got home -- gorgeous day here today!  Happy Friday!

GinnyinPA

We ended up hiking at the state park. Leaves are just starting to turn there. Jim scuffles through leaves like a 5 year old.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I ran my 4 after Pilates.  Yay me.  For the record, that was a Caramel Soy Latte. Iced of course cause it's like 10000F here, the land of everlasting summer.

Ginny, 4??? Yikes.

Stupidlazydog, well, according to your handle, the dog is lazy, so walking him was good. Smile

nurunner, hope you had fun on your 4.

Ginny, nice hike.

So, it looks like I'm going to have to fly my parents here at some point.  They are talking about cholera outbreaks too.  FTS.  My dad has a flight for the 18th if they don't cancel it.  My mom has not asked yet and she probably won't.  I can't believe the Army was activated YESTERDAY.  I don't think this is Katrina.  It's going to end up being worse. Sad

Damaris

not lazy, just tired

I ran my 4 after Pilates.  Yay me.  For the record, that was a Caramel Soy Latte. Iced of course cause it's like 10000F here, the land of everlasting summer.

Ginny, 4??? Yikes.

Stupidlazydog, well, according to your handle, the dog is lazy, so walking him was good. Smile

nurunner, hope you had fun on your 4.

Ginny, nice hike.

So, it looks like I'm going to have to fly my parents here at some point.  They are talking about cholera outbreaks too.  FTS.  My dad has a flight for the 18th if they don't cancel it.  My mom has not asked yet and she probably won't.  I can't believe the Army was activated YESTERDAY.  I don't think this is Katrina.  It's going to end up being worse. Sad

Yeah, she's old and lazy, but we also have a border collie 

Not if it makes sense.