Beginners and Beyond

Windy Wednesday (Read 31 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Where is everyone? I'm taking my sweet time heading into work because of a 2 hour delay. Maybe a short run after work, not sure. My ankle is a little unhappy about Sunday's trail run. Happened the last time I did these trails too.

From the Internet.

We had to dig the cars/driveway out from under like 4 inches of ice and a tiny layer of snow, so that was fun. Should have gotten a start on it last night and just gone out to throw salt on the ice this morning.

SRD for me!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 6.6 cold as hell miles.  It was 21 with a windchill in the single digits.  I disliked it from the time I started getting dressed, and it went downhill from there.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

Good morning!  Given the roads are now covered in snow, I took my run to the treadmill this morning.

60 minutes:

10 minute warm up

8 x 5 minutes hard with 1:00 recoveries, which I walked

3 minutes easy

My avg pace for the intervals was 6:35.  Good run.  8.15 miles total.  I am also hoping to get to the pool after work.

<3

Cyberic

Turns out we got about 2 feet of snow, in one night. We are well equipped to get rid of snow here, but there's no way we can handle that much. My older son is 14yo and it is the first time they close the schools. I've seen it when I was a kid too, but it really isn't often.

So I took the metro (subway) to work. More than half the people didn't/won't show up.

Indoor track for me today! Will run easy.

Docket_Rocket

Meanwhile, in Florida...

Morning!  I have my RD.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

'Sup.

I had a workout on the schedule but wasn't feeling it from the time I woke up till the time I took my first steps on the belt. I went through the motions anyway but after a first mile pace of a snail could crawl faster than that I decided my body made the decision for me to run tomorrow's 5 instead. 

onemile

I'd do it. It fits in with your training plan, and you're not looking at another option a week later or anything.

Hard to beat the workout of racing a 5k. I had a relatively sucky race last weekend, but I think it really energized me, and I needed it.

Even if not PR conditions - you go into most races with a chance at 1st OA woman, depending on who else shows. What - like Americans under President Trump, you're already sick of winning?

Yeah, this race only has like 100 people. It's tiny. I was first female last year. But it's also a good hour 15 minutes drive and it's not worth the drive just to win a small race.  And a sucky race when you know your fitness isn't great is different than when you are really wanting to run a PR. Then it just hurts your confidence

That 5K has a million 90 degree turns in it!  Haven't we just determined that those aren't good for running fast?

It's not ideal but I ran a ton of 5ks last winter/spring and there really isn't anything better and this was one of my fastest - I ran a 20:09 last year

onemile

Turns out we got about 2 feet of snow, in one night. 

Was that unexpected? I thought yesterday you sounded like you were only getting like 5 inches?

Half Crazy K 2.0

Cyberic, 2 feet if snow here closes school for over a week. The mention of snow on Monday shut down metro in DC early. You all definitely handle it better. Schools are closed in my county today, roads are mostly dry.

Hi!

Is it snowing in places other than Buffalo?

We have about a foot so far, no big deal but schools are closed for the 2nd day.  I'm off work, so a big Nerf battle, Legos, and board games are on the agenda today.  LRish later tonight on the TM.

Also!  I'm running Vermont City this year to see if I can win some cash for being newly old.

Zelanie

Jay!!!

Meanwhile, in Seattle...

11 miles in the rain. Very wet, as rain often is.

Dave

Cyberic

Was that unexpected? I thought yesterday you sounded like you were only getting like 5 inches?

Not by everyone, it seems, but to me, yes it was kind of unexpected. The way it was falling last evening (lots of wind, but not that much snow), and by looking at a weather Web site, I thought 6-8 inches of snow. When I woke up this morning, I was like: Wo!

No big deal, though. It's just snow. It doesn't break anything, it just makes moving around a little more difficult for a few days.

Jay! Good luck in your new AG.

Cyberic

Meanwhile, in Seattle...

11 miles in the rain. Very wet, as rain often is.

Yep, we get the same kind around here.