Beginners and Beyond

Taking Care of Business Thursdailies (Read 38 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Which I assume is what LRB is doing since he didn't start the dailies today.

Woke up early today - about 3:45 a.m., couldn't get back to sleep, so heck with it.  Got up, drank some water for a bit, and then out the door at 4:15 am to 'cruise' in the local area around my house.  Planned on doing an easy 3, but felt pretty good once I got out there so ended up with 4.4 miles with a couple of hills thrown in along the way.  Glad I did my run/walk this morning...heat index of 106 degrees today in our area!

Lots of ceremonies today in my local area in remembrance of 9-11. San Antonio is a huge military town - 4 military bases here, along with Brooks City Base (formerly Brooks Air Force Base) and Port San Antonio (formerly Kelly Air Force Base), thousands of active duty folks here, as well as thousands of retired military, contract civilians, DoD employees, etc.   Lots of ongoing ceremonies here in remembrance of those lost on 9-11.    This is one of those days, like the Kennedy assassination for those who were living back then, that everyone remembers where they were that day.   Where did you happen to be?   I was on the university campus where I work when I got the news..and everything pretty much stopped for the day as people watched all the reports coming in.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Maybe he is taking care of sleeping?

Woke up with a migraine.  I have Pilates, 5 miles and weights, but before all of that, a massage.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Good morning, friends.  5 easy miles in the humid morning air before work.  Last night I banged out 7 miles with 6 at GMP.  7:35 avg pace for that run.  GMP never felt easier.  Hopefully that trend continues.  I am out of the office today at an all day meeting.  Joy.

<3

LRB

Maybe he is taking care of sleeping?

Or training for a marathon?  Nah.

happylily

Good morning!

Last night, I ran 13 at 8:11 overall, incl, 6 at 7:32. Tonight I have 9 easy. Rainy day today. I don't mind if it means cooler temps are coming.

Have a nice day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

I got 8 easy done in 55 degrees and 12 MPH winds.  It was actually a tit nipply (is that better DP?) when I first got out there but turned out to be a really nice run.

Hi lily!  'Sup BBB, yo D, hey Scotty!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day for me.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Scotty I was at our Medical directors office. My front desk person and I were getting out TB tests done, no patients there. They had on the Tv on. We thought it was a small prop plane that had made a mistake when it first came on

Marjorie

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Yup I remember clearly where and what I was doing.

13 miles later today.

It was actually a tit nipply (is that better DP?)

Yes, thank you.

My first serious workout post-HM: 12 with 9 @ GMP. Felt pretty tough (not so easy as it did for Babs), but I guess it's supposed to be, so I will assume I'm recovered from the HM & move on.

A lot of my previous workouts have ended up more around GMP +3 to 5 sec, which I figured was close enough, since I felt I picked a pretty challenging GMP. But I decided I need to focus more on keeping it right at GMP, or slightly below. And so I pretty much did. First 6 ranged from +1 to -2; last 3 were -4, -11, -9.

Dave

LRB

Yes, thank you.

My first serious workout post-HM: 12 with 9 @ GMP. Felt pretty tough (not so easy as it did for Babs), but I guess it's supposed to be, so I will assume I'm recovered from the HM & move on.

A lot of my previous workouts have ended up more around GMP +3 to 5 sec, which I figured was close enough, since I felt I picked a pretty challenging GMP. But I decided I need to focus more on keeping it right at GMP, or slightly below. And so I pretty much did. First 6 ranged from +1 to -2; last 3 were -4, -11, -9.

Nice run, in another state again no less.

#haveshoeswilltravel

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hola Dailies.

In another day or two I will going out for my first run in two weeks. It will likely be a few miles of run/walk just to see how I feel. I can say this: after two weeks of not running my legs finally feel like the fatigue is gone, but the piriformis and heel/achilles pain are lingering. I'm sure I will be able to run with them, like before, though now I am stretching and rolling a lot more. My big problem is going to be the weather. It is HOT! On Monday I will be applying for Boston so I am hoping for the best with that.

Have a good day.

LRB

Hola Dailies.

In another day or two I will going out for my first run in two weeks. It will likely be a few miles of run/walk just to see how I feel. I can say this: after two weeks of not running my legs finally feel like the fatigue is gone, but the piriformis and heel/achilles pain are lingering. I'm sure I will be able to run with them, like before, though now I am stretching and rolling a lot more. My big problem is going to be the weather. It is HOT! On Monday I will be applying for Boston so I am hoping for the best with that.

Have a good day.

I found light running to hasten my problem with my achilles as it is really is the only way to get nutrient rich blood to an area that otherwise does not get it.

Good luck with your registration!

Docket_Rocket

Hola Dailies.

Have a good day.

Good luck!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Currently a chilly(!!!) 68 degrees, feels amazing. Going to take Dorian and Rocky for a 4 miler later todsy, Rocky will love it, Dorian will be wearing a jacket and pants most likely.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)