Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies and feelin' fine (Read 34 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Cool

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD! 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

We are leaving for Dh's 8K that starts at 8. Beautiful running weather.   My run is tomorrow. I won't be racing. Just a casual jog.

what's everyone else up to?

Marjorie

LRB

Good morning MA!

I do not remember what time I crashed last night, but I think it was before 8:00!  Gonna go for a short trot this morning, but first me and Mrs. Coffee need to have a pow wow.

Just B.S.

Morning all.

Yesterday was a double day for the first time in a while and it felt great! 1,200 in the pool in the morning

then 4.75 miles running early evening.

Pretty slow and easy overall with a total time of 48 minutes but ran the last mile at sub 8 mm pace and

it felt fantastic!

More miles today of undeterminded distance.

If you are a praying person please say a few for the people in the Philippenes. We have a sponsor

child there (and another who is grown whom we sponsored for 8 years) and I am very afraid for them

and their families.

Hope all runners and racers have a great weekend!

LRB

I avoid the news like the plague, what's going on in the Philippines?

Just B.S.

Horrible typhoon. Reports of over 1,00 dead, which is said to be very very low estimate.

Hip Redux

The largest storm ever on planet Earth or something like that.  Winds of like 240mph!

Just B.S.

The largest storm ever on planet Earth or something like that.  Winds of like 240mph!

Makes it very personal when you have  photos and letters from a child who lives there

on the mantle in your home.Sad

LRB

Well crap that sucks.  Hope all is well for your friends Beth!

delicate flower

'Morning and 'Saturday!  A nice long night of sleep last night.  Ahhhhh.

According to my Facebook news feed this morning, EVER RUNNER I know is doing a race today 'cept me.  Angry  Oh well.  Kick some booty, racers!

Today's chores involve a trip to the CSA, a run, dinner/movie with Oski, and the hell knows what else.

Have a good day y'all.

<3

delicate flower

Horrible typhoon. Reports of over 1,00 dead, which is said to be very very low estimate.

I'm just reading up on it now.  Holy smokes.  Sad

<3

Hip Redux

Makes it very personal when you have  photos and letters from a child who lives there

on the mantle in your home.Sad

I'm sure, I'm sorry.  Sad  I hope they are safe.

Just B.S.

I'm sure, I'm sorry.  Sad  I hope they are safe.

Thanks Oski. Estimates up to 1,200 now. Sorry to be a downer folks.

delicate flower

Thanks Oski. Estimates up to 1,200 now. Sorry to be a downer folks.

That's ok considering it could be the worst storm in the history of measuring storms.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

Prayers for your friends, BS, and everyone in the Philippines.

DS and I are doing his first 5k this morning - I won't claim we are running it, because I would imagine there will be much more walking than running. I just hope we can make it enough fun to finish on a positive note. Right now, all of his signs of anxiety are going off big time. Fingers crossed.

Then we are going to brave the windy forecast to go check out Migratory Bird Day at an observation deck where you are supposed to be able to see hundreds of geese and swans stopping over along the Mississippi  River on their way south.

Have a great day, all!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.