Beginners and Beyond

Fake Friday ThursDAILIES (Read 44 times)

LRB

'Sup!

I have two runs on the docket, the second of which coincides with a union meeting to see the long awaited contract that is being proposed.

Thankfully I have seen it and can avoid that bitch-fest altogether and get my run in instead, as there is nothing worse than sitting in a roomful of angry people (why you mad bro?) complaining about what management has and what we do not.

So that's what I got, what's up with you today?

Cyberic

Did not sleep well last night. Might be deep tiredness from the back to back workouts, or the meeting with my boss all afternoon ( we never agree on anything) or the combination of the 2, but I still wasn't sleeping at 2 in the morning.

All day meeting today, so RD for me.

Wish you all a good day!

Little Blue

Rest day.  Cross training with the mower.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Easy run with some hill sprints after work.

LRB, I get people in my office griping over lack of raises on a regular basis and how its not fair that the city or county got raises. Usually those raises came at the expense of people's jobs.

From yesterday: Step, there were actually 2 deer chilling in the wooded area where I was running the hills. They didn't seem to care that I was relatively close by.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy April 2nd!  Did a 5K last night at 6:30 PM.  OK, since it was April Fools the RD actually shortened it a tad and made it a 3-miler.  I finished in 32:27 for first in my 'old man' age group.  About a 100 or so showed up.  Weather was perfect for me, lol, but probably warm for everyone else:  83 degrees and humidity in the 90% range as thunderstorms were threatening, but never developed thankfully.  Nice post-race party with beer, sausage wraps, cookies, etc.  Very nice tech-tee race shirt too.  I will post my report and photos tonite.

April 2nd is National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day!  I'll take the PB but pass on jelly, which I don't like.

Marketing | Peanut Butter Jelly Time

Peanut Butter and Jelly Runners

Other April 2nd Holidays:

International Children's Book Day

Literature: The Homestar Runner Enters The Strongest Man In The World ...

National Ferret Day - on National PB & J Day, lol

National Love Your Produce Manager Day

Fresh salad with eggs decorated as penguins, funny kid food - stock ...         

Reconciliation Day

Running and racing! | Confessions of a [former] Fat Girl

World Autism Day

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

cjones1

Ahhh yes, contract negotiations.  The worst part about working in a union facility.  It turns people that are normal people into screaming, stark raving lunatics for a month, and that's on both sides. Smile

6.5m easy for me today, and thanks to my snooze button, the thunderstorm raging outside passed by before I got out the door.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

delicate flower

Gooooooood MORNING now wake up now!  I was pretty psyched to run on the flat rail trail again last night.  Hopefully we won't get another three feet of snow this spring.  That said, I also realize being forced to run all those damn hills all winter has made me stronger, so I need to keep doing that.  But my marathon is flat, so I need to run some flat miles, and that means rail trail.  werd

90 minute progression run on tap tonight, finishing at race effort.  I've had good luck doing those on the TM, so I'll be doing that again today.  I am dreading/looking forward to it.

Hello.

<3

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Apparently I don't know what day it is and he We'd thread was on top so I put m run there.

4.1 tempo

Marjorie

From the Internet.

Holy cow. Was mentally not into today's workout from the time I got up so it was HARD. 10 miles with 6 at GHMP, had me swearing by the end. Took a mile to get into it and was a few seconds off pace for all but the last mile. Glad that's over with!

delicate flower

Holy cow. Was mentally not into today's workout from the time I got up so it was HARD. 10 miles with 6 at GHMP, had me swearing by the end. Took a mile to get into it and was a few seconds off pace for all but the last mile. Glad that's over with!

Damn.  That would be a very hard workout.  I would imagine you'd need to be pretty locked in both mentally and physically to nail that one.

<3

Zelanie

Here is the meeting at LRB's office.

My 10 last night were way more delightful than 10 TM miles late in the evening have any right to be.  Tonight I have an evening meeting, but may fit in 4 easy if I'm in the mood.

B-Plus

4 x 1 mile. That seemed especially short since I had mentally prepared for 6 x 1, but when I double checked this morning and saw it was 4 x 1 on the schedule that was a nice surprise.

Good morning, everyone.

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. Have fun doubling.

Cyberic99, have a relaxing and refreshing rest day.

Little Blue, enjoy doing yard work.

HCK2.0, have a pleasant easy run.

scottydawg, bravo on the 5K.

cjones1, sweet 6.5.

Phil, have a not-too-boring TM run.

Marjorie, fantastic 4.1 at tempo.

Lauren710, terrific ten.

Zelanie, brava on the TM run. Have a great one tonight.

B-Plus, excellent intervals.

I ran 6.35 miles non-stop on the TM this morning. 0:00-35:00 were at 6.6mph (9:05). 35:00-44:00 were at 6.7mph (8:57). 44:00-53:00 were at 6.8mph (8:49). 53:00-57:08 were at 6.9mph (8:41).

I did a similar run on Tuesday. I took yesterday as a RD.

I finished cleaning my apartment for the first time since my dad went into the hospital. (I've been mostly at my parents' since then.) I have the windows open to air out the place and am waiting for my bed linens to dry. As soon as I make my bed, I'll head back to the gym for weights and cardio, before visiting my new dentist.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What up all, if there will be torches, can I bring some marshmallows to these meetings?

I decided to give my legs a break this morning with plans of maybe a 3 miler this afternoon with Dorian. ...but with scattered t-storms in the forecast we will just have to see. Didn't get to bed til after midnight due to watching Interstellar,  so I didn't get up to go to the gym.

I have already done 25 minutes of abdominal/core strengthening this morning,  might do another 25 minutes this evening.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

I cannot believe I have not posted. I opted for sleep this morning so 10 with 6 at MP on the TM after Pilates tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page