Beginners and Beyond

Well, well, well - look what the cat dragged in; ThursDAILIES! (Read 50 times)

LRB

Last evening started with martinis...

A glass of wine showed up after dinner; hey, where'd that come from?

Then, some five hours after the whole shindig began, a beer showed up...and another.  FFS.

Needless to say I am a hot mess right now, but it was fun! 

Now, I shall attempt to jog.

LRB

On the left, an Eclipse for the girl. A Sunsetini for me (2).

happylily

What Rick is trying to tell us is that he went on a date last night.

I decided to move Friday's run, 12 miles, to last night, and I will run the mid-week 15 miler on Friday. I'm pooped. There, I said it. What kind of insane coach would want his runner to do 15 miles the day after an 11 miler with speedwork? It's stupid... Today was 6 miles at recovery, but I have a date with Mozart and Schubert in Montreal tonight and I won't have time to run. I may try to squeeze 3 miles in the afternoon, though.

Have a nice day, everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Cyberic

What Rick is trying to tell us is that he went on a date last night.

I decided to move Friday's run, 12 miles, to last night, and I will run the mid-week 15 miler on Friday. I'm pooped. There, I said it. What kind of insane coach would want his runner to do 15 miles the day after an 11 miler with speedwork? It's stupid... Today was 6 miles at recovery, but I have a date with Mozart and Schubert in Montreal tonight and I won't have time to run. I may try to squeeze 3 miles in the afternoon, though.

Have a nice day, everyone!

Going to see the Symphonic Orchestra, are you? Their new concert hall is pretty amazing sound wise. have you been there before?

I have 8 miles at MP on schedule today. Most probably on the track next to DD's soccer practice. That makes it a little short in time, overall, but I should get in a total of 10 miles-ish.

happylily

Going to see the Symphonic Orchestra, are you? Their new concert hall is pretty amazing sound wise. have you been there before?

I have 8 miles at MP on schedule today. Most probably on the track next to DD's soccer practice. That makes it a little short in time, overall, but I should get in a total of 10 miles-ish.

Yes, it's BEAUTIFUL! And the sound is great, I agree. But no, we're not going there. We're going to see Yannick Nézet-Séguin and the Orchestre Metropolitain. I like him as much as Nagano. The concert will be at Centre Pierre-Charbonneau. Never been there. It scares me a little...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Cyberic

Yes, it's BEAUTIFUL! And the sound is great, I agree. But no, we're not going there. We're going to see Yannick Nézet-Séguin and the Orchestre Metropolitain. I like him as much as Nagano. The concert will be at Centre Pierre-Charbonneau. Never been there. It scares me a little...

You'll see the track on which I run on every week day in the winter (and in the summer when there are thunder storms). To get to your seat, you'll necessarily have to walk on the track. Since there's an event, runners won't be allowed there though, so you won't be able to bond with fellow runners, or smell the familiar aroma of their sweat Smile

Yeah, YNS is very good, but Centre Pierre-Charbonneau? Really?  

delicate flower

Haha...LRB, sounds like a fun night.  Smile

'Morning, kids!  I hit the pool this morning for the first time in over a month.  All of my swimming since then has been in the open water with a wetsuit on, so I didn't know how I'd do in the pool without the buoyancy and aid of the wetsuit.  Holy crap, it's like it wasn't even me.  It was kind of awesome and weird at the same time.  I was able to just keep swimming and swimming without having to stop.  I did 1000 yards (30ish minutes...40 laps) before I decided to take a break and have a drink.  My previous best was 400 yards and that was difficult.  In total, I did 1500 yards in 46 minutes.  Easy run planned after work today.        

<3

Cyberic

Last evening started with martinis...

A glass of wine showed up after dinner; hey, where'd that come from?

Then, some five hours after the whole shindig began, a beer showed up...and another.  FFS.

Needless to say I am a hot mess right now, but it was fun! 

Now, I shall attempt to jog.

My father always told me that I could drink like a pig all I wanted, as long as I got things done the next day. So get out there and make that run count FFS.

Little Blue

Good morning!  Just 2 for me in the 'hood this morning.  Now it's time to dry off, change, and go cut grass until the storms start.  Currently the humidity is visible.

Well, well, well, it *is* a good morningSmile

Rick, I'm glad that you had a great time. Enjoy your run.

Lily, have a pleasant mid-day run. Enjoy the concert tonight.

Cyberic99, have an awesome run.

Phil, great swim. I hope that your run is just as good or better.

LittleBlue, nice two.

I slept in this morning, so, I'll do cardio after work. SO and I are going out after thatSmile

LRB

Currently the humidity is visible.

Geezus!

LRB

My father always told me that I could drink like a pig all I wanted, as long as I got things done the next day. So get out there and make that run count FFS.

Hungover runs are usually tough, today's was not so bad though. Thankfully!

cjones1

SRD. I slept until 7:30, FFS. It was awesome. Now I'm at the eye doctor. Not as awesome.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Somehow I missed my alarm for 3 AM and woke up at 4 AM so I did the gym thing first and then went for a 6 mile run.

This morning was just beautiful and not at all muggy, only 72 degrees, 69% humidity and DP was only 61, just awesome.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Somehow I missed my alarm for 3 AM and woke up at 4 AM so I did the gym thing first and then went for a 6 mile run.

This morning was just beautiful and not at all muggy, only 72 degrees, 69% humidity and DP was only 61, just awesome.

It's nice here too, very pleasant.