Beginners and Beyond

Slow Start TuesDailies (Read 24 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Today was a perfect example of how it takes my body a while to get going, especially early in the morning.  5 miles of easy effort running and my splits were:

10:45

10:22

10:10

10:05

9:44

The last mile was almost all downhill.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

my body never really got going this morning. No run day so pedaled the bike for 30 minutes and did some flexibility and mobility stuff.

I think I have a minor sinus thing going as I had a bit of a headache and just feel tired. Popped a Mucinex this morning, which I should have done yesterday, and, hopefully, that will keep things flowing. Mucinex and saline nasal rinse have been really useful for me in preventing or limiting sinus infections, which I used to get all the time.

delicate flower

'Morning!  I didn't feel much like exercising at 5:15 this morning when the alarm went off, so I fed the dogs and went back to bed.  Sleep is good during a taper.  I'll run after work.

<3

Not my day… I’ve been blowing of stretching, have been doing pool mix, got a wicked cramp right after I woke up and no surprise right leg too tight.

tomorrow not my day either:  annual physical before work, no running before blood test

Docket_Rocket

Ran 5 outside this morning. 64F and sunny AF.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

And my day is not getting better… working on the room I’m refinishing and my mother in law peeks her head in the door and asks “Do you have any parts for toilets in the basement?”😐

Cyberic

Ran about 10.5 in long sleeves (first time in months). It was an improvised random  fartlek going up, as unstructured as can be.

Half Crazy K 2.0

And my day is not getting better… working on the room I’m refinishing and my mother in law peeks her head in the door and asks “Do you have any parts for toilets in the basement?”😐

Better than waking up to water on the kitchen table when the in-laws are visiting. I think we would have prefered they wake us up....

Oh, the water, it was from the guest bathroom directly over the kitchen table.

sdWhiskers

6 miles. I also didn't want to get up so lazed a bit. Then was quickly reminded why that's not a good idea--middle school by me starts at 7am which means traffic gets deadly around 630 or so.

Flu shot done.

KCRuns

3 miles on the TM

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Better than waking up to water on the kitchen table when the in-laws are visiting. I think we would have prefered they wake us up....

Oh, the water, it was from the guest bathroom directly over the kitchen table.

ugh...plumbing problems are the worst!

Jess runs for bacon

3 miles at the park at lunch. Right leg was pretty stiff so it looks like I have a hot date with the hypervolt tonight.

Cyberic

ugh...plumbing problems are the worst!

Word!

delicate flower

I love the Hartford Marathon paid ads that pop up in my facebook feed.  "Join us!  There is still time to train!"  *looks squinty eyed at the calendar*

<3

Docket_Rocket

Plumbing problems are the worse. My eye just started twitching remembering the flooded house two years ago when I moved and they didn’t install the washer correctly. Thank you for that LOL

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page