Beginners and Beyond

2021 Dailies #92, aka Fridailies (Read 24 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Which means we are more than 1/4 of the way through the year.  Mother nature played a trick on me and it's currently below freezing here.  Back to an afternoon run today when it may get into the low 40s.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

3 flat workday run. I’ve moved my little flats to a different section of the trail, more recently paved, doesn’t flood which means no running in deep puddles, mud and no root heaves.  The new section is only a shade over half mile... the old section was a whopping .8 mi.... flat, paved with no tilt is rare here.

it was 29 out this morning so no puddles was really nice!

Cyberic

Mother nature played a trick on me and it's currently below freezing here.  

21 degrees here this morning. Ran a bit short of 10. My mind was wandering and I forgot to turn right to take my little extra loop to make my run to 10. Ran straight through, can you believe that? 

delicate flower

YO.  I pedaled the bike trainer for 90 minutes this morning, very easy.  This afternoon I will attempt the last of the three race virtual challenge I'm doing.  This one is 6.55 miles.  I've got four days left to get it done, so I can bail today if my legs don't cooperate.

<3

LRB

I ran 8 through the city.

It was 32 and sunny with just a slight wind (6 ish mph) and just wonderful, albeit a kind of slog. I began running at 9:30, which is nothing short of a miracle!

10 slow miles. My run today was 45 sec slower than yesterday afternoon, but I didn’t really feel sluggish or anything, so... Which is a worse indicator of fitness—being slow and feeling like crap, or being slow and feeling normal?

Also hoping for a slow day at work, since a lot of people are taking the day off. I have ZERO meetings on my calendar (two were cancelled yesterday), which can change but it’s a good start.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

30 and windy here. 3.6 and strides. Supposed to be below freezing tomorrow morning with hopefully less wind, so trying to decide what to wear for my 5k. I run cold, no t-shirt and shorts is not gonna happen.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon. Today is my Friday off but I got a new case last night so I had to file a couple of pleadings which I just did. Had a massage earlier and I have Pilates later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

My marathon would’ve been tomorrow if I had not deferred two weeks ago. Carmel Marathon is actually happening here. Not sure of how many runners for the 4 events but estimated is 5K total.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Mother nature played a trick on me and it's currently below freezing here. 

Same here.  All the puddles were frozen and the wind was gusting to 25 mph.  Fortunately, I seem to be over my vaccine side effects.  Still a little tired, but my RHR is back to normal and I managed to run 10 miles with the middle 7 at HMP.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

GinnyinPA

Cold and windy here too. I ran 9.6.

Well I pulled the trigger on the #2 option - North Olympic Discovery Marathon on 6/6. DW gave the seal of approval - it's actually our anniversary weekend. We'll take Friday off and make a long weekend out of it, it's on the Olympic Peninsula which is a pretty cool area to explore.

Dave

sdWhiskers

6 miles and it is warm/sunny (70s) but not Hot today.

Just realized this is a holiday weekend for some. I've been pretty oblivious about holidays lately, including that this past Wed was Cesar Chavez Day (government offices in CA are closed). We'll get a few bits of candy "from the Easter bunny" but nothing crazy. Heck, kid still has Halloween and Christmas candy.

Just realized this is a holiday weekend for some. 

Yeah today is a national holiday in Canada (I believe, Cyber can confirm), and Monday is a national holiday most places in Europe. And of course a lot of Americans are just taking off. I was kind of oblivious too till I tried to schedule meetings with people.

Incidentally, my meeting-free day was just broken, sort of. My boss scheduled a 15-minute meeting with me titled "Quick Chat - Good News." IDK what it is, but I'll take that meeting any day!

Dave

onemile

Incidentally, my meeting-free day was just broken, sort of. My boss scheduled a 15-minute meeting with me titled "Quick Chat - Good News." IDK what it is, but I'll take that meeting any day!

You are getting a raise! A promotion! No more early meetings! you "get" to travel again!